Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 HA Deployment Type

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I am testing UCCX 8.0 PRE HA and have the following questions about HA deployment Type.

Before UCCX 8.0, UCCX only supports HA on the same Campus LAN, i.e. two servers should be in the same subnet. UCCX 8 now supports HA over WAN. From UCCX 8.0 SRND, the deployment types are:

LAN:     Two servers are in the same Campus LAN

WAN:     HA server is in another site.

What I want to find out:

I would like to put two servers in separate Data Centres (different subnet). However, two data centres are linked by fibre. Round Trip Time is very short and the bandwidth is unlimited. Can I configure the HA deployment type as LAN, but with servers in different subnets?

Thanks,

Wenqian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The short answer is no, just choose a WAN deployment type. If you're splitting the cluster apart at a later date you can change this then; it isn't set in stone once you pick a choice.

If you choose a WAN deployment type the system will allow you to configure different device pools for the CTI Ports as well as per-node integrations (e.g database, mrcp servers, etc) to ensure each server can access resources local to it.

View solution in original post

Hi

As Jonathan suggested you will have to choose WAN during installation/integration. This will comply as a supported config from TAC prespectve as well.

However you cannot change the setting from LAN to WAN or vice versa just like that. You will have to follow the procedure as stated in the section "Switching Network Deployment from LAN to WAN " of the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801ig.pdf

Chagint LAN/WAN setting on the fly will cause replication issues

Hope this helps

Regards

Anuj

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The short answer is no, just choose a WAN deployment type. If you're splitting the cluster apart at a later date you can change this then; it isn't set in stone once you pick a choice.

If you choose a WAN deployment type the system will allow you to configure different device pools for the CTI Ports as well as per-node integrations (e.g database, mrcp servers, etc) to ensure each server can access resources local to it.

Hi

As Jonathan suggested you will have to choose WAN during installation/integration. This will comply as a supported config from TAC prespectve as well.

However you cannot change the setting from LAN to WAN or vice versa just like that. You will have to follow the procedure as stated in the section "Switching Network Deployment from LAN to WAN " of the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801ig.pdf

Chagint LAN/WAN setting on the fly will cause replication issues

Hope this helps

Regards

Anuj

Thank you for both replies. This is why I like this forum as it is quick and answers are spot on.

Wenqian

Thanks Johnatan.  I just had the same question and your response is what I was looking for.  Can you tell me where you got this information from?  I read through the SRND for CUCCX 8.5 and did not see this information.  Especially in the HA section. 

Hi Guys,

I have almost the same question but the environment is quite different :

We have a cluster of 5 Callmanagers deployed on an extended LAN on 2 Datacenters.

- On the first one, I have

CCM Publisher

CCM Sub 1

CCM Sub 4

UCCX 1

- on the second Datacenter :

CCM Sub 2

CCM Sub 3

UCCX 2 (in a few days)

The subnet is the same for all servers.

The 2 datacenters are connected by 2 Fibers.

I hesitate to configure the UCCX HA over LAN or WAN.

The Wan deployements is more related to differents physical location than connectivity, right ?

I read that the difference is that the CTI Ports Groups are created on both CCM with different Device Pool.

Now I have only 1 UCCX Server and the device Pool tells to use Sub1,Sub2 (so 2 CCM on 2 differents physical location)

What kind of HA Deployment do you suggest me ?

Thanks you a lot,

Thierry

We have similar structure as yours and we chose WAN topology when built UCCX 8.0. Our CUCM and UCCX servers are in two data centers and they sit in different VLANs. However, from all my readings, there is no reason to stop us using LAN topology.

We had cases that one datacenter failed and all services failed over to the second datacenter. Failover was fine, except it took more than 2 minutes for agents to be back online. Later I read from UCCX SRND that it is normal to take that long for agents come back online in case of failover. LAN topology could be faster.

My suggestion, use LAN topology.

Hope this helps.

Wenqian Yu

Hi Wenqian Yu,

I contacted the PDI Helpdesk and they gave me this feedback :

LAN and WAN in this context means delay and latency, not ip addresses and subnets.

So, if the servers are in the same building or campus, then they are over LAN.

The difference between UCCX over LAN and UCCX over WAN is failure detection and recovery.

"For HA over LAN deployment, heartbeats are sent every half a second and failover occurs if 5 consecutive heartbeats are missed. For HA over WAN deployment, heartbeats are sent every second and failover occurs if missing 10 consecutive heartbeats. These values are not configurable."

"All ACD, IVR, and desktop services will failover within 5 seconds in a LAN environment and 12 seconds in a WAN environment."

"It is not uncommon for agents to experience log time is excess of 1 minute in a LAN environment and 3 minutes in a WAN environment."

RE: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/design/guide/UCCX_BK_C39FDB35_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express.html

I had also a question regarding the CTI Ports Group but I still have no answer for it.

Anyway, thanks you for your experience !

Thierry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: