Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 integration with CUPS 8.5 error

econstantinou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Previously I had our contact center (v. CCX 8.0.2 SU2) integrated with CUPS (v. 8.5). Agents using Cisco Agent Desktop were able to view the status of other non-Agent colleagues and exchange chat with them.

After changed the authentication to UPN the Agents are using the username@domain.com to login. CCX is working ok, but I am getting the following error during login: “An error has occurred communicating with the Cisco Unified Presence Service”.

I used a sniffer to see what is going wrong and this is what I am getting:

Session Initiation Protocol:

Request-Line: REGISTER sip:domain.com@domain.com

Method: REGISTER

Request-URI: sip:domain.com@domain.com

Request-URI User Part: domain.com

Request-URI Host Part: domain.com

Message Header:

TO: <sip:ccxuser@domain.com@domain.com

SIP to address User Part: ccxuser

SIP to address Host Part: domain.com@domain.com

Note that the ccxuser is the user configured under CCX Desktop Administration for integration with CUPS.

Then I am getting the following:

Session Initiation Protocol

Status-Line: SIP/2.0 400 Bad or Missing From

Status-Code: 400

Do you have anything to suggest me regarding that?

Regards,

Elias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Elias,

Good approach! From the sniffer traces I see you get

SIP/2.0 400 Bad or Missing From

So the Presence server doesn't probably like the 'From' header from the sip packet.

Upon some further investigation I have found the following defects

CSCtn20140

CSCtn50828

The first is duplicate of the latter.

So from the above defects I understand the CAD never checks if the domain is added and it was always append the @domain.com info in the username.

So if you have a user1@domain.com, instead of keeping it as it is, CAD appends @domain.com and therefore the username it sends is

user1@domain.com@domain.com which does not match with the UPN which is user1@domain.com

I believe you are hitting the above defects which are fixed in uccx 8.5(1)SU1

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi Elias,

Good approach! From the sniffer traces I see you get

SIP/2.0 400 Bad or Missing From

So the Presence server doesn't probably like the 'From' header from the sip packet.

Upon some further investigation I have found the following defects

CSCtn20140

CSCtn50828

The first is duplicate of the latter.

So from the above defects I understand the CAD never checks if the domain is added and it was always append the @domain.com info in the username.

So if you have a user1@domain.com, instead of keeping it as it is, CAD appends @domain.com and therefore the username it sends is

user1@domain.com@domain.com which does not match with the UPN which is user1@domain.com

I believe you are hitting the above defects which are fixed in uccx 8.5(1)SU1

HTH,

Christos

Thank you Christos,

You are right. I am hitting the above bug.

I have already ordered the upgrade license for UCCX 8.5.1 last week.

Elias

Hi Christos,

I am coming back to you again for the same problem.

I did upgrade the CCX to 8.5.1Su1 + this patch ciscouccx.851SU1.cop.sgn

So now I have CCX 8.5.1SU1 and CUPS 8.4

When configuring CCX Desktop Admin – Presence Setting as below:

Version: 8.5

IP Address: x.x.x.x

I am getting the following error when click on Verify “CDAUI2033 Error communicating with the Unified Presence Server.”

If I change Version to 8.0 then I am getting CDAUI0001 Transaction successful.

However that doesn’t work.

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Regards

Hey Elias,

Sorry for the late reply I just came back from vacations

I think you are hitting the following defect

CSCtr10603

Just select CUP 8.0 and that will do the trick. There will be no problems

HTH,

Christos

Changed the defect ID

Hi Christos,

thanks for the reply.

I already tried this unsuccessfully.

I have the same error message while entering Agent Client.

I notice that there are 2 patches available for CCX8.5.1SU1 (for client too) but I think is for other service and not for chat. I will install them by the end of the week…and we will see.

I tried to read about this bug on Bug Toolkit but it seems that is currently under review.

Thanks,

Elias

In this case Elias I would advise you to go to SU2 in UCCX. According to the information I have this is fixed in that release

HTH,

Christos

Edit: Also bear in mind tha according to the compatibility matrix for UCCX

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

the only supported versions of CUPS for UCCX 8.5(1)SU1 are the following

Anyway according to the defect CSCtr10603 it still should work

Ok Christos.

I will wait for 8.5.1SU2 to be released and I hope that this will fix it

thank you again Christos.

Elias, did you ever get this resolved? I have a customer that is running CCX 8.5.1su2 against a CUPS 8.5.4 server.

Wanted to compare notes and see if you are working correctly in su2, or seeing the same problems as me.

In Desktop Administrator I can save and verify with the version at either 8.0 or 8.5, but in CAD, the system errors out and in the debug logs I see:

2011-10-10 16:21:57:169 DEBUG [0x1c08] SplkException.cpp[147] calabrio_saw::SawConnectionImplementer::establishConnection: com.calabrio.util.connection.SplkConnectException: Unable to connect to host port <5060>.Invalid Login information. Stack trace <>.

Where fe00presence is the hostname of the presence server.

Same user for both the agent login and the CUPS integration. AD used, so passwords should match. I can see the SIP registration appending @franklin.fele on the end of his user ID. Not sure if that's throwing it...

Hi David,

I didn't try this yet. I am still on su1. I may procced with it next week...

I will let you know then.

Regards

I actually opened a TAC case on it this morning. What I didn't realize was the incoming and outgoing ACL on CUPS has to allow not only the CCX servers, but the client PCs as well.

My TAC agent added an "ALL" to both sections and everything worked okay. And they did fix the version bug on the Desktop Administrator side in SU2, so you can select 8.5 for CUPS 8.5.4 integration.

DB

Thanks for the information David.

I will proceed with SU2 too.