Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 max delay from CTI Manager

edison_abad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a centralized CUCM cluster in one country and we are plannning to install a UCCX 8.0 together with a CUCM subscriber (CTI Manager) into another country separated by MPLS WAN Link. As per UCCX 8.0 SRND, we need at least 4M for the signaling and DB replication.

Is it possible to deploy the UCCX 8.0 server eventhough we don't have a local CTI Manager at the remote site?

Is there any document that can show the maximum delay requirement between UCCX and the CTI Manager? SRND indicates that it should be 2ms for CUCM Express but i cannot find the information for CUCM.

Thanks in advance!

Edison

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct that it does not give you the RTT for UCCX to CTI Manager, but it does talk about quite a bit of other guidelines and metrics.

First, my interpretation of the SRND, is that it suggests not doing this.  For best performance, you should have a local CUCM to each of your UCCX nodes.

From the SRND:

Setup Cisco Unified CCX to use the local Cisco Unified CM servers for both primary and secondary

in the following configurations. If this is not possible, at least the primary Cisco Unified CM server

should be local.

– AXL Serivce Provider

– JTAPI Provider for Cisco Unified CM Telephony Subsystem

– JTAPI Provider for  Resource Manager/Contact Manager Subsystem

Note There will be significant delays in agent login during Cisco Unified CCX failover if AXL and

JTAPI communications are made over the WAN, especially under load conditions.

However, It does say that's it's possible:

The Cisco Unified CM servers running CTI Managers with which Cisco Unified CCX

communicates can be located in the same campus LAN or different site as Cisco Unified  CCX

servers.

And even gives a table of the bandwidth consumptions:

uccx-srnd-bandwidth.png

I would error on the side of caution, and use the CUCM SRND CTI metrics for this one, if you absolutely need it to be remote vs. local.

From the CUCM SRND:

Deployments that employ clustering over the WAN are supported in the following two scenarios:

• CTI Manager over the WAN (see Figure 8-10)

In this scenario, the CTI application and its associated CTI Manager are on one side of the WAN

(Site 1), and the monitored or controlled devices are on the other side, registered to a Unified CM

subscriber (Site 2). The round-trip time (RTT) must not exceed the currently supported limit of

80 ms for clustering over the WAN.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply...

This is also the statement in SRND that make me confused:

=========

The Cisco Unified CM servers running CTI Managers with which Cisco Unified CCX communicates can be located in (1) the same campus LAN or (2) different site as Cisco Unified  CCX servers.

=========

In my interpretation, (1) is UCCX deployment within the same site in a CUCM Single-Site or Centralized Deployment while (2) is a CUCM Server (CTI Manager) deployed remotely "as" UCCX Server - which is a CUCM clustering over the WAN with the UCCX is also in the remote site together with its primary CTI Manager.

With the 2 options of deployment CTI Manager for UCCX, is it implied that the 2 should be within LAN speed (?)..

Also from the SRND Note the you have quoted, it seems that it is possible that UCCX can be deployed remotely but you will suffer the consequences

=========

" Note- There will be significant delays in agent login during Cisco Unified CCX failover if AXL and JTAPI communications are made over the WAN, especially under load conditions."

=========

In any case like this, you will always want to error on the side of caution and go with the more restrictive settings.

thanks Anthony for the advice, we will deeply think what will be the best solution. at the end of the day, we are the one supporting this service and bear the consequences. so long!

but I hope there will be someone from Cisco UCCX team to clarify this out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: