Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Scripting: How to get agent's extension

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out how (if possible) can i get the agent's extension number before/after i present the call to that agent. Here i'm using CSQ/skill based routing and not dedicated agent.

The intention is to collect information about the agent (i.e. extension, agentid) who's going to get the call and use that information once the agent answers the call. Is there any object within script editor which allows me to do that?

Thanks!

-JT-

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

On your Select Resource step, set Connect = No, and then create a User type variable to store the reserved agent data in. You can then use the Get User Info step to pull various info. The Identifier will be their username as a String, and you'll either have an Extension or both Extension (directory) and Agent Extension (ACD line) available. After you've pulled this info and done what you needed, use the Connect step with that User object to connect the caller.

Tips:

• Try to spend as little time as possible between Select Resource and Connect, as your agent will be sitting in reserved that whole time.
  • When using Select Resource with Connect = No and manual Connect, recovering from agent ring-no-answer is your responsibility. Include a Goto back to Select Resource in the Failed branch of Connect.
  • Similar to the above item, when building your custom behavior, bear in mind the first agent you pick with Select Resource might not pick up the phone. Be sure your code or your caller-facing prompts handle this in a reasonable way.

FYI, if you're looking to play an agent intro or something ("Please hold, John Smith will be right with you") take a look at the spoken name upload and retrieval steps, which have taken care of some of this work for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

On your Select Resource step, set Connect = No, and then create a User type variable to store the reserved agent data in. You can then use the Get User Info step to pull various info. The Identifier will be their username as a String, and you'll either have an Extension or both Extension (directory) and Agent Extension (ACD line) available. After you've pulled this info and done what you needed, use the Connect step with that User object to connect the caller.

Tips:

• Try to spend as little time as possible between Select Resource and Connect, as your agent will be sitting in reserved that whole time.
  • When using Select Resource with Connect = No and manual Connect, recovering from agent ring-no-answer is your responsibility. Include a Goto back to Select Resource in the Failed branch of Connect.
  • Similar to the above item, when building your custom behavior, bear in mind the first agent you pick with Select Resource might not pick up the phone. Be sure your code or your caller-facing prompts handle this in a reasonable way.

FYI, if you're looking to play an agent intro or something ("Please hold, John Smith will be right with you") take a look at the spoken name upload and retrieval steps, which have taken care of some of this work for you.

Nice! Worked beautifully...

Thanks jasyoung...

It worked perfectly well for me also.

Hi Mohammed,

I am trying to do something similiar. What I want is to get agente info(UserID, Extension) and pass to another survey script for reporting analysis. I am using the Get User Info step while scripting but it is not working fine, I get a error message while reactive debugging.

Any help will be much appreciate.

Regards,

Luís.

• Luis, find the answer in your other thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12918876/how-use-get-user-info-step-while-scripting-uccx-106#comment-11167141

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: