cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 to 8.5 Switching Versions

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Will there be data lost between versions if I decided to switch version (reboot to inactive partition) later? I got UCCX on 8.0 now and installed 8.5 on the inactive partition but due to scheduling constraints, we're holding off on rebooting to the new one. I'm talking about days or even a weeks. Will changes done to UCCX from here on as well as reporting data be lost after switching?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  This is the same for CUCM.  It takes a snapshot of the configuration at the time you perform the upgrade in the inactive partition.  You'll want to redo the upgrade later, when scheduling permits.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  This is the same for CUCM.  It takes a snapshot of the configuration at the time you perform the upgrade in the inactive partition.  You'll want to redo the upgrade later, when scheduling permits.

Thanks Anthony!

The common understanding is that configuration is migrated during the upgrade, this is a CUCM concept.

UCCX and Unity only migrates the configuration data when you switch version.

There is no changes to the Historical data as it sits on the common  partition is avaliable to both the active/inactive partition.

This is somthing that requires a documentation update, I am still looking through the avaliable documents wither its already avaliable. Should I not beable to find it, I'll look at filing for a documentation update assuming this information is also avaliable for CUCM.

Hoai

Wow!  Nice job digging up this old thread, and providing some clarificaiton.  One more month and it would have been an anniversary reply!

Anyway, thanks for looking into this for us all, and I hope you do post back once the documentation fix has been put into place.

Have a great day.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

I saw this first hand last week. We went from 8.5.1 up to the latest patch (SU4). Looking at the documentation, it seemed like we "MAY" loose 7 days worth of data since the inactive partition was 7 days old. We switched versions and the data was good. Any news on when this will be added to the upgrade documentation?

Looks like this thread gets a new reply once a year.  I do hope you find your answer though.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: