cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5.1.11002-22 CAD Agent & Supervisor Errors on Windows 7 PC

barrymcnally
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded to UCCX  8.5.1.11002-22. We subsequently upgraded all CAD to 8.5 too. Everything was fine for 3 weeks but this morning two Windows 7 systems were not getting logged in. 

On launching 'Unable to download file could not open destination file for writing' message box appeared. It then when on to say ' A licencing error has occured please try again in 5 mins. Then it shutdown.  All our other systems running on XP are fine.

In the agent log there is a message DESK3113 Unknown exception in releasing licences.

I reinstalled the supervisor and agent with the same results.  I also resynched directory services through Cisco Desktop Administrator.

After a while on one of the failing systems I could get into agent although the 'Unable to download file' error box still pops up. The only otehr thing i did on this system was install the Cisco Desktop Administrator and on opening 1st thime that gave same error but then opened thereafter.

We recently had a HA installed but agents were working fine after this so not sure if it could be related.

I have attached the agent and supervisor logs and debug files.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Barry,

After making it as a UCCX HA setup, did you run the client config tool (UCCX Admin->Tools->Plugins->Desktop suites->

Cisco Unified CCX Client Configuration tool) ?

After this run the PostInstall.exe on the CAD client box on windows 7 and see if it has both the UCCX node ip address's listed.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Barry,

After making it as a UCCX HA setup, did you run the client config tool (UCCX Admin->Tools->Plugins->Desktop suites->

Cisco Unified CCX Client Configuration tool) ?

After this run the PostInstall.exe on the CAD client box on windows 7 and see if it has both the UCCX node ip address's listed.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Hi Anand,

Thanks for getting back to me. I ran postinstall.exe and both UCCX node ip addresses listed.  It's strange it's only happening on Windows 7 pc. One of the laptop is displaying 'This Computer cannot connect to all CAD services because at least one CAD service IP has changed 

Hi Barry,

On this Windows 7 pc, is CAD able to login ? atleast with one UCCX ip ?

Check the LDAP hostname\ip address in the Registry key for this CAD clinet, and see if it is pointing to correct IP addresses.

Could you please make sure that the mastership for all the services are running from the UCCX node1 (publisher).

And also the supported clients for the CAD's are

Win XP Professional SP2 (Please check Tech Tips & Release Notes)

Win XP Professional SP3

(Please check Tech Tips & Release Notes)

Win Vista (Ultimate, Enterprise, and Business)

Windows 7 (Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional)

Windows 7 x64bit with WoW64(Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional )

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Also post the logs from this client box, if it doesn't fix the issue?

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

We seem to be ok. I re ran the Client Configuration tool and then downloaded and installed the supervisor.msi again. Both systems are now getting in ok. Once still has the unable to download file message but once they click ok then get login box.

thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Hi Barry,

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling it freshly.

This might help

Anand

Hi Barry,

Sorry for replying on a old post.... Hopefully you can help.

Im getting these exact errors on our clients Supervisor Agent Desktop.

Do you think it was pure coinsidence that it was only happening onn the Win 7 Pc's?

After you rerun the client config tool and reinstall the MSI's did you have any further issues?

Many thanks

JP

Hi Jon,

It only ever occured on those two Windows 7 systems and we  never encountered the issue again after we ran the client config tool and reinstalled the MSI's

thanks