Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5.1 and Nuance TTS

danielberbec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get TTS features in UCCX using Nuance Vocalizer for Network.

I configured UCCX and the status of TTS Provider is "IN_SERVICE" (The Provider is defined as Nuance Volcalizer 4.0 as there is no 5.0 opton). In the UCCX scrip I configured:

UCCXscripTTSconfig.jpg

Do you know if there are any specific configs that have to be made for this to work? Or any suggestions on how to integrate Nuance Vocalizer 5.0 with UCCX 8.5.1

SW vers:

UCCX 8.5.1.1000-37

Nuance Speech Server 5.1 - 5.1.8.20111202_2000

Nuance Vocalizer for Network 5.0.5

Thank you,

Daniel

4 Replies 4

Augusto Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello danielbertec
I used loquendo but as it is part of nuance right now I think it would be similar, you should check that the nuance is set to

• Bit Rate: 64 kbps
  • Audio sample size: 8 bit
  • Channels: 1 (mono)
  • Audio sample rate: 8 kHz
  • Audio format: CCITT u-Law

and also,

• check your enabled languages in the UCCX (Subsystems->MRCP TTS->MRCP TTS Servers)
  • set your default TTS provider in the system parameters to the one you want to use

danielberbec
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was that Vocalizer is listening on the different URL from what is sent by UCCX  in the RTSP SETUP message.

UCCX send:

URL: rtsp://192.168.100.148:554/synthesizer

and Nuance is waiting for  rtsp://192.168.100.148:4900/media/speechsynthesizer

So you have to modify the NSServer.cfg file in NSS:

change the port:

server.mrcp1.transport.port                              VXIInteger          554    

change the URL:

server.mrcp1.resource.2.url VXIString synthesizer

And now is working.

I still don't know why Vocalizer 5.0 is not available as an option for TTS aproviders

Where did you change the setting, Nuance or UCCX, in which section ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: