cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5.1 SU4 NFR kit won't enable SQL database use

Jeff Bankston
Level 1
Level 1

I am running UCCX 8.5.1 SU4 using the NFR UC 8 kit for my lab training, and cannot create a DSN to an MSSQL server. When I go to

Subsystem | Database | Datasource

and then click on Add, the Driver dialog box is greyed out and won't open to select a jdbc driver. When I go to UCCX Serviciability, Control Center Network Services, then expand UCCX Engine then Subsystem Manager, the database subsystem is in "not configured" status and not started.

I thought that the NFR kit supplying the premium licensing would enable the database capability, what am I missing?

Thanks, Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DB subsystem does require premium.  And I think the NFR kit is premium.  Can you double check your licensing under System > License in AppAdmin?

Also, did you acually upload a JDBC driver to UCCX?  If you have not, then this is probably your issue.  UCCX comes with zero drivers installed, and you have to search the internet for one.  Most people end up using this one for MS SQL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/jtds/1.3.1/

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DB subsystem does require premium.  And I think the NFR kit is premium.  Can you double check your licensing under System > License in AppAdmin?

Also, did you acually upload a JDBC driver to UCCX?  If you have not, then this is probably your issue.  UCCX comes with zero drivers installed, and you have to search the internet for one.  Most people end up using this one for MS SQL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/jtds/1.3.1/

Anthony Holloway

That was it, uploading the driver was required even though the four formats were specified in the install.

Thanks, Jeff

Nice!  The easiest work I've done all week!  I'm glad to have been of some help to you today.  I look forward to your next post.

Anthony Holloway

Hi, Anthony,

I am using UCCX 9.0.1.10000-100. And I am trying to integrate with SQL 2008 R2. I downloaded the file jtds-1.3.1.jar and tried to upload to driver folder following the guide. But I got the error message:

"Error Occurred while uploading the driver to repository."

Have you ever seen this? It looks like a bug, not a configuration issue. Is that possible I uploaded a wrong file?

Thanks,

Quan

Also I tried 1.2.5 as well with the same error. The PDF doc for UCCX 9 is different from web doc, interestingly. It says to use 'Microsoft SQL Server native Client 10.0 Driver' for connection to SQL 2008. Do you think I need to open a TAC case?

Quan

Sorry, yeah, I think you will need to talk to TAC.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: