cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 and VMware 5.5

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Is anyone successfully running UCCX 8.5 SU4 on VMware 5.5 with vmware tiools upgraded to 5.5 also? This is a temporary solution for me until I upgrade my UCCX. I am running this on VMware 5.5 but I haven't upgraded the VMware tools on the UCCX box yet. I know that the wiki only shows support for 8.5 SU4 on esxi 5.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It works OK in my lab, but in production I stay within the Cisco guidelines... 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It works OK in my lab, but in production I stay within the Cisco guidelines... 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron. I ended up backing up the UCCX server with VEEAM before upgrading the VM tools. I then successfully upgraded the tools and have no issues so far. Like I said this is a temporary solution until I get my call manager and uccx box upgraded. If I do run into issues I can always resort back to the VM backup before the tools upgrade.

Yeah... don't forget that will create a gap in your historical reporting data even if your configuration hasn't changed :-)