Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Custom reports and stored procedures - step by step guide

Joseph Udeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is anyone able to provide me with step by step guide on how to implement stored procedures on UCCX 8.5 using any of the following Database apps:

Server Studio (AGS)
ODBC Data Source Administrator
OpenAdmin Tool

I have copies of the custom reports and I have been able to connect succesffuly onto the UCCX database server but does not know how to proceed from there.

I'm running a test for Bug ID: CSCud75545.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Step by step:

1-Create a new procedure (whether from scratch, or based on an existing procedure with modifications)

2-In CUIC, create a new report definition, pointing it at the procedure you created, and defining the parameters and fields.

3-In CUIC, create a report template. Reference the definition you just created. Tart up the appearance..

Step 1 will be the most complex... if you don't know what you are doing there you have a lot to learn. If you're just trying to work out if you are hitting a bug or not, contact TAC - they'll diagnose it and will have an updated report for you. 

With the way the appliance model is built, you don't have the access rights to fix the built-in reports yourself anyway!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aron,

Thanks for the guide provided.

I know it's bug and TAC can resolve it but this customer does not have support from Cisco. Someone has suggested it's possible without TAC but I don't know how. The step 1 you provided is not an issue as I already have the procedure file and template.

Here are the guide I have been provided but I'm stuck on step 2:

Below are the steps to import the report in to UCCX CUIC interface.
1.    Login in to the cisco Informix reporting database as “uccxhruser” using any Informix client which allows importing the stored procedures (AGS Server Studio is recommended for this purpose.)
2.    Run the downloaded report SQL Query (sp_reasoncode_reason_grouping.sql) against the “db_cra” database
3.    Login in to the CUIC reporting interface
4.    Click the Reports drawer in the left pane.
5.    Navigate to the folder where you want to import the report.
6.    Click Import Report.
7.    In the File Name (XML or ZIP file) field, click Browse.
8.    Browse to and select the compressed report file (Reason Code Report by Reason Code Grouping.zip), and click Open.
9.    From the Data source for ReportDefinition drop-down list, select a data source used by the report definition.
10.    From the Data Source for ValueList drop-down list, select the data source used by the value lists defined in the report definition.
11.    In the Save To field, browse to the folder where you want to place the imported report. Use the Arrow keys to expand the folders.
12.    Click Import.

Any further advice?

Thanks

Joseph

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I have the same error message ("Runtime error" while running Agent Login Logout Activity Report)

UCCX version 8.5.1.11004-25

I would like to know if this COP File will resolve  the problem ?

ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop.sgn

Tks

Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho

You'd need to provide more detail on that error.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron Harrison,

My customer had this bad experience, when he was pulling an exportable report in the Cisco Historical Report (Login and Logout agent), in the same week he included new reason codes for pauses. During the query, He received the message after filtering by agent name and  and after by team group.

A runtime error occurred while executing the query. check the logs for more details.

I have found this information in the supportforum and Bug Tool Kit as well. But, more one reference but CSCvb27878 that allow patch upgrade for all version of UCCX from 8.x to 11.x. We cannot open tac because this uccx is old version.

Best regards

Daniel

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi

IME that bug affects all reports that are run after the 9th September 2016. If you run the same report/same filter spec but for a period before that date and it works, then you are probably hitting it.

No harm in installing it if you are on an affected version - does't even need a service restart.

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron Harrison,

How are you doing? I hope fine.

Today I have extracted the reports before "9th september 2016" and works fine as you mentioned. After that date does not working.

Then I have installed the patch file, In a feel moment I will check the results with costumer.

Thu Jan 26 13:19:01 BRST 2017, ---------------------------------------------
Thu Jan 26 13:19:01 BRST 2017, Changes to SPutility.sql has been applied.
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, Changes to IDS_EEMtables.sql has been applied.
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, The new files from /common/dowddnload have been applied.
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, . . .
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, To view this log file, use the following cli command.
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, admin: file view install ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop.log
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, To download this log file, use the following cli command.
Thu Jan 26 13:19:02 BRST 2017, admin: file get install ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop.log
Thu Jan 26 13:19:32 BRST 2017, Thu Jan 26 13:19:32 BRST 2017 - ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop install finish
Thu Jan 26 13:19:32 BRST 2017, ---------------------------------------------

Regards,
Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi Aaron Harrison,

I would like to give you feedback obout the problem I had. Now it has been fixed by this update <ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop.sgn>.

Thank you for your help Aaron,

Have a nice day for you

Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: