cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 - Different prompts for different Holiday's

jboothe
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to UCCX and need some assistance with a holiday script. I have a need to script different holiday dates that will be pulled from XML and play specific promts according to the date. Does anyone have examples of scripts that i can use?

As a extra if i could also pull time information from the same XML file as some of the customer dates are not full day's off.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

I wrote a toolkit to do this 5 or 6 years ago, and wrote up some actual documentation about 3 years ago. The code itself isn't the prettiest thing I've ever written, but it's in production at dozens of customers with zero bug reports. I've always meant to add a few features and clean it up and make it available, but I never have gotten around to it. I guess you're the lucky guy who gets it dropped on him as-is.

The toolkit supports:

• Full date and time management, replaces Day of Week and Time of Day steps
  • Attaching of arbitrary tags to time ranges, allows things like special announcements "closed for lunch"
  • Fractional holidays; special hours for any given date, for things like half-day on Christmas Eve
  • State management, open/closed management and read/write of arbitrary stored data strings on behalf of your script
  • In its simplest form, provides a single answer for "open/closed" true/false after processing all normal scheduled operations, special dates and over-ride open/close data as needed
  • For Cisco partners who have cheap customers and enjoy pain, will run on UCCX with standard licensing (no Java expressions)

Download the toolkit here: UCCX-SM-Toolkit.zip

Things that need to be done: I've meant to separate out the "normal" day of week schedule and the holiday schedule into separate files, so one system that might have different hours for different groups might share the same holiday schedule file. I also want to add proper time zone support now that UCCX plays well with time zones.

I think this particular package has been edited with a UCCX 8.0/8.5 editor. Somewhere I have a mostly identical version of this that will run on IPCCX 4.0(something) that I can try to track down if it's needed.

I'll do what I can to help if you have questions on how to use it. In your specific case, you can use the SPECIALDATE elements to control your fractional holidays, and set TAG elements on those days that come back to your main script and let you pick a special prompt to play.