Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 failover and fallback

dhamm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am testing UCCX 8.5 over the WAN cluster for failover and fall-back. When we shut down the UCCX-PUB, CAD re-connects to UCCX-SUB within few minutes. However, when primary comes back again, there is no automatic fall back and services on SUB remain as Master.

Can someone clarify whether this is the expected scenario with 8.5? I tried to find details on SRND but there's nothing explained on fall back.

Thanks

Dhammike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dhammike,

If you want the UCCX first node always to be the master, you need to restart the Engine (or server) on the UCCX second node so that the first Node becomes the Primary.

It ca not be configured, you need to perform this activity manually.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Dhammike

When WAN link is Restored:

Once the WAN connectivity is restored, convergence of engine mastership occurs. Two masters cannot

exist and hence one of the nodes needs to drop mastership. All active calls being handled by that node

will be dropped and agents logged on to that node will be logged out.

Similarly, convergence happens for the Data Stores with no disruption in call activity. All data will be

replicated as soon as convergence is done only if the link was up within pre-determined replication

retention period, else the customer needs to initialize the replication from datastore control center pages.

Tip It is recommended to wait for some time for replication to complete. You can use the Unified CCX

Administration Datastore control center pages or the CLI to check the replication status.

Please refer the below link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/reference/guide/uccx80_eb_failover.pdf

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I am testing the node failure senario and not the WAN link failure. However, I got the answer from the link you shared. It says like this...

"Until the former active server is recovered or a new Unified CCX server is brought online, the system will be running without any standby capability. When the former active server or a new server is brought online, it will become the new standby server."

Based on the above from SRND, what I experience is the expected behavior. But, I would like the preemption if possible. Do you have any idea to configure it? I.e. when the primary comes back again, to assign the primary role, not the standby role?

Thanks you...

Dhammike.

Hi Dhammike,

If you want the UCCX first node always to be the master, you need to restart the Engine (or server) on the UCCX second node so that the first Node becomes the Primary.

It ca not be configured, you need to perform this activity manually.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Thanks Anand.. You clarified my concern..:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: