cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 IPCC Ext. Question

StephRoss
Level 1
Level 1

I have always set separate exts. for Agents to use for UCCX, is there any reason they should not use the Primary extension for this purpose?  Will if affect functionality or reporting adversely or if they also use extension mobility, will it cause problems having the IPCC line in two locations when they are logged into extension mobility and that line is also back at their desk phone?

I've never seen this before, but at this location they have all of the IPCC Agent Extensions set to the same partition as the UCCX ports in CUCM. Is this necessary or can't it be the same as their standard primary line partition?

Thank you for your feedback/opinions.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

s.soporie
Level 1
Level 1

A lot depends on customer requirements but you have to consider the best practices as well.

Take a look at the UCCX design guide/SRND which clearly states shared lines are not supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You technically could, however you would need to meet some of the strict requirements on that DN, i.e. busy trigger 1, max calls 2, (so no call waiting), no pickup group, hunt group, shared line appearance, etc.  And then worry about race conditions where calls arrive at the same time from ACD and as DIDs. So, even though it's doable it's not recommended.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

s.soporie
Level 1
Level 1

A lot depends on customer requirements but you have to consider the best practices as well.

Take a look at the UCCX design guide/SRND which clearly states shared lines are not supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You technically could, however you would need to meet some of the strict requirements on that DN, i.e. busy trigger 1, max calls 2, (so no call waiting), no pickup group, hunt group, shared line appearance, etc.  And then worry about race conditions where calls arrive at the same time from ACD and as DIDs. So, even though it's doable it's not recommended.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: