Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 license usage

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

HI,

When checking the license usage, I see the different results in Real Time Reporting and CLI.

CLI:

admin:show uccx cad license usage

License Report for seat:

7 of 75 available.

Real Time Reporting:

Logged-in Resources: 62

Why the License Report from CLI shows 6 more license usage than Real Time Reporting? What are these six licenses used for?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

As long as Agent Desktop(CAD) is running, one license is being used, doesn’t matter whether rep is logged in or not. I think this is the reason why you see a diffrence in the reports you are referring to.

What is the purpose for holding onto this license? What functionality does a logged out agent have?

It still make use of the CAD chat service. This would allow supervisor send them a chat that pops up on agent desktop and stuff like that. In this way, supervisor can tell that you are done with the break get back to work. Same applies to CSD and CDA as well, they all consume one license per seat/instance of CAD.

So with that said, if you can ask reps to close their CAD completely, you get the precise count with show liceusage

-Sunil

View solution in original post

Look for CAD troubleshooting guides that matches to your environment(UCCX, CAD version etc)

I just got this one quickly, see page #30.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/troubleshooting/guide/cad80ccxtg-cm.pdf

If your customer is not satisfied with this, you can open up a TAC case with CISCO to get official statements from Calabrio. Please provide this info to CISCO/Calabrio, so that they can quickly have conclusion on this.

-Sunil

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Maybe 6 user is not logging when you see realtime report.

Thanks.

Whenever I check the license usage, it shows 5 or 6 difference between two results. The customer wants to know the details then decide if more licenses are required (they have P-license, very expensive). How can I prove 6 agents are not logging?

As long as Agent Desktop(CAD) is running, one license is being used, doesn’t matter whether rep is logged in or not. I think this is the reason why you see a diffrence in the reports you are referring to.

What is the purpose for holding onto this license? What functionality does a logged out agent have?

It still make use of the CAD chat service. This would allow supervisor send them a chat that pops up on agent desktop and stuff like that. In this way, supervisor can tell that you are done with the break get back to work. Same applies to CSD and CDA as well, they all consume one license per seat/instance of CAD.

So with that said, if you can ask reps to close their CAD completely, you get the precise count with show liceusage

-Sunil

Thanks Sunil. I believe you have gave me the correct answer.

Do you happen to know any Cisco documents giving this information? I need to show it to the customer. They are evaluating the license usage.

Look for CAD troubleshooting guides that matches to your environment(UCCX, CAD version etc)

I just got this one quickly, see page #30.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/troubleshooting/guide/cad80ccxtg-cm.pdf

If your customer is not satisfied with this, you can open up a TAC case with CISCO to get official statements from Calabrio. Please provide this info to CISCO/Calabrio, so that they can quickly have conclusion on this.

-Sunil

is_mail123
Level 1
Level 1

Awesome replies ,

how do I release the licenses from the agents when they did not logout properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: