Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 - Place Call When No Agents

Daniel Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a client who is using UCCX to run a small help desk environment.  I have their helpdesk script configured already where if there are no agents logged in when a call enters the queue it emails the management and gives them a heads up.  The client would like the UCCX to place a call to certain managers if there are no agents online and play a propmt informing them of the situation and asking if they would like to take the call. I have been playing with this on and off for a few days and just cannot get it to act right.

Has anyone out there done this before?  It sounds like something that would be quite common but I cannot seem to get it to work correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Maybe try checking the MIVR logs for a reason for the outbound call to drop when it goes through; may be a codec mismatch or something else external to UCCX.

Also try using a seperate call control group for the outbound contact.

In fact, I think last time I did this I didn't specify a 'media' group on the place call step, so as soon as you try to play a prompt it falls on it's face, and in the MIVR logs you get a licensing error - someting along the lines of using an unsupported step perhaps.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not really sure how far you've got, but some pointers:

- You'll use a place call step to call out to the manager, and assign the resulting contact to a contact variable.

- When you want to play prompts/menus to the manager, ensure you select the contact variable above instead of the default to select who it's played to

- Before you transfer the original caller to the manager, you'll want to 'terminate' the contact created above

- You'll want to put on hold after asking them to wait, so they get hold music. Scripts are not really multi-tasking, so while you play prompts etc to the manager, the caller will get dead air if not on hold and hearing music, and will get bored and hang up

- You will also want to set a 'on exception' step for a 'contactinactiveexception' such that if the original caller hangs up, you can terminate the outgoing manager call and tidy things up

If you can advise how far you've got, and where things are failing, someone will probably advise further.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello,

Thank you for the informative response.  Please see snippet below.  I am working this in a lab environment just to get it hammered out right now.  I place the Triggering Contact on hold and then place a Call to Manager1Phone which is assigned to Manager1Contact.  The call completes but as soon as I pick up the phone the line hangs up without playing the prompt and the client in the queue gets the "we are experiencing system errors" message.

Hi

Maybe try checking the MIVR logs for a reason for the outbound call to drop when it goes through; may be a codec mismatch or something else external to UCCX.

Also try using a seperate call control group for the outbound contact.

In fact, I think last time I did this I didn't specify a 'media' group on the place call step, so as soon as you try to play a prompt it falls on it's face, and in the MIVR logs you get a licensing error - someting along the lines of using an unsupported step perhaps.

Regards

Aaron

Mismatch...DOH