Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 pre-upgrade installer

Jason Ewing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

We're upgrading from UCCX 7.01SR5 to UCCX 8.5.1SU3 in a virtual machine and would like to build the new virtual to test scripts and familiarize ourselves with it.

Can we run the pre-upgrade tool multiple times on the 7.01 server?  We'd run it once to build the test vm and then again later when we're happy with new vm to export that latest data? Is that possible or would we have to create a new vm to export the data to the second time?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Jay

5 Replies 5

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

I presume you're talking about PUT?

I've run in a couple of times on a uccx v7 before the upgrade. It's a good idea to do this before your upgrade window anyway to ensure there are no issues. I'm pretty sure you'd have to do a fresh install of UCCX 8.5 when you want to import the up to date live data - there will be no option to do the import again once uccx is configured.

Yes, that's the tool.

Thanks Brian. I'll give it a shot once I get all the 8.x licensing straightened out.

Cheers!

Jay

There's demo licenses on the DVD media! You can use them for your test, and then sort it out later for your live deployment. That said - if you use the same details for both the vmware servers (the test and the live), your license mac should be the same.

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Just to add few more points.

1. Its alwayes better to take the latest backup of UCCX 7.x system so that you dont loose any latest data, be it HR data or config data. Taking backup on mutilple times on UCCX 7.x system is definetely allowed, its like a normal backup operation.

2. PUT tool version is specific to the versions where you are planning to Restore on UCCX 8.x systems. i.e. for UCCX 8.0(2) and 8.5 there will be different versions of PUT tool, care must be taken o hoose the correct versions of the PUT tool version as well.

3.Its always a good option to Restore in the lab box on a trial box, before really performing it it in the production box, here you may go with the same backup file of UCCX 7.x system.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Found the demo license. Thanks Brian!

Great! Thanks for the info anchoudh!  I grabbed the 8.5.1SU3 PUT tool as that's what we're moving to. We'll build out the lab box and see what happens!

Cheers!

Jay