Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5, RmCm Subsystem stuck in initializing

jagifoto1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, currenty, we installed a UCCX version 8.5, ann we have the follow problem:

The service RmCm  Subsystem stuck in initializing, below not permit that Subsystem Manager is IN-SERVICE.

Does Someone know about of this problem?

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Yes I do!

I had this case at a new installation of Rel. 8.5.1 too.

Check if the RmCm-User is working properly.

I my case, the RmCm-User were not created during initial setup.

At first, even manual creation of this user went wrong.

But the we cut the lenght of the username from 12 to 8 and then it works.

(You have to cycle the UCCX-Engine after that.)

I hope I could help you!

regards,

Michael

This Can also happen in reboots. Just type a new rmcm user id, reassociate the agent phones and restart Engine

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Issue has lot of dependency user names/password also the rmcm invokes the jtapi process to get line update on all associated devices.

If new user and uccx/cucm restart docent fix the issue recommend you to open a case with tac providing jtapi logs with mivr and cgi manager from cucm

Hoai

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Good day.

Faced the same problem in UCCX 9.

And fixed it by creating users with apropriate rights as described here:

http://josonone.blogspot.com/2011/11/uccx-configuration.html

UCCX - Application Users

Three Application Users on CUCM need to be configured for UCCX and CUCM to interoperate.

UCCX_AXL - Unified CM Administrative XML Layer User

The  Cisco AXL Web Service must be enabled to allow other appliances or applications to request from AVVID or the Administrative XML Layer. This access will allow certain methods (list, add, update, get, remove) when those other applications access the CUCM database. This is a great way to get read access to users, phones, features, settings, permissions, etc. within the CUCM database.

To utilize the AXL Database API, an Application User will need that specific Role. However, by default, there is no User Group with the AXL Database API role configured, so you'll have to set up a new User Group.

1. Go to User Management > User Group and click Add New
  2. For the Name type in "Standard AXL API Users"
  3. In the top right corner under Related Links select "Assign Role to User Group" and click Go
  4. Click on "Assign Role to User Group" and Add "Standard AXL API Access"
  5. Click Save
  6. Go to User Management > Application User and click Add New
  7. For the Name type in "UCCX_AXL"
  8. Click on "Assign Role to User Group" and Add "Standard CTI Enabled"
  9. Click Save
UCCX_CTI - Unified CM Telephony User
        The Cisco Contact Center Express Telephony Integration Protocol (CTI) is a TCP/IP socket based message protocol that can receive event information for UCCX agents and calls. It is used to provide agent and call control, call information and call statistics.
  1. Go to User Management > Application User and click Add New
  2. For the Name type in "UCCX_CTI"
  3. Click on "Assign Role to User Group" and Add "Standard CTI Enabled"
  4. Click Save
UCCX_RMCM - Resource-Manager Contact-Manager Provider User
      The Resource Manager - Contact Manager (RmCm) allows the monitoring of agent's phones, routing/queueing of calls, control of agent states and management of historical reporting.
  1. Go to User Management > Application User and click Add New
  2. For the Name type in "UCCX_RMCM"
  3. Click on "Assign Role to User Group" and Add "Standard CTI Enabled"
  4. Click Save

Hope this would help someone.

-- best regards, Igor

This worked for me. Go back after you are donre and delete the old RMCM user.

type a new rmcm user id, reassociate the agent phones and restart Engine on both my servers. After a few refeshes it started. Then agents could log in. Then I re-associated the agents one by one and they came back. Ours got into this condition after a reboot.

I have a CCX server running 8.02 and the report was the RMCM service would not start which caused the CCX engine services to shutdown. This was a working server and was acting funny yesterday. A restart of the server fixed the issue yesterday. Today a reboot did not fix it.

I found your post about the username length and thought I would give it a try. It fixed the issue.

Thanks for the post.

As a side note, the username change required the phones to be re-assigned to the rmcm user.

Thanks !!! It helped me to fix my "RmCmm" issue as it was stuck in initializing . I made a new Rmcm and restarted CCX engine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: