cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Sticky Agent

lance-kadish
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a sticky agent function i.e If the same client  calls the CC within a time period then they'll get the same agent if  he's availible

I have managed to do an external DB write and read but all the info i need is already on the servers informix DB

How do perform a read on my local informix DB from within the script ?

Thank

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't officially. You can try creating a DSN that points at 127.0.0.1 but Informix isn't listed as a supported database in the compability matrix. You're better off to write a record to an external database once the agent takes the first call and then query it for each subsiquant call.

One word of caution: If you're using caller ID as your identifier don't forget that many businesses send out a generic/main number and not the individual DIDs.

Hey Jonathan

This is an internal Help Desk and whenthe caller call from theremobiles i have mobility enabled so i see it as an internal call also.

In your opnion what would be beter to write to a  database or an xml document

Thanks

Lance

My preference for this would be SQL since it's faster to get working than all of the xpath and xsl transforms that would be needed.

One other option that is a bit more obscure: You can use a Java hash table stored into a session with a always-known mapping ID. This is probably the most ideal because:

• It eliminates any external dependancies.
  • It will have a smaller footprint in the Java heap than XML documents will.
  • I suspect it's more efficient than performing all of the xpath logic.
  • The whole table will self-reset if the session expunges due to inactivity. You'd still need to timestamp specific entries though I suspect. Also don't forget to account for the session not existing and to re-generate it.