Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 to 10.5 upgrade planning

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a customer with a UCCX 8.5 High Availability cluster integrated with CUCM 8.6.

They want to upgrade to version 10.5 and have expressed an interest in moving from CAD to Finesse.

I have a few questions about this which I hope someone can help with.

1. Is it possible to run CAD and Finesse simultaneously on the same UCCX cluster?
  2. If it is not possible to run both simultaneously is it possible to upgrade to UCCX 10.5 and use CAD then move to Finesse in the future and how would this be achieved?

Any links to documents detailing this would be welcome.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Running CAD and Finesse simultaneously is not supported.

Finesse is deactivated by default, you need to activate it from the command line using 

'utils uccx finesse activate' 

You can continue to use CAD, then use Finesse in the future.

The SRND explains this: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/design/guide/UCCX_BK_C2EB4F58_00_unified-cccx-design-guide-10-5.pdf

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Running CAD and Finesse simultaneously is not supported.

Finesse is deactivated by default, you need to activate it from the command line using 

'utils uccx finesse activate' 

You can continue to use CAD, then use Finesse in the future.

The SRND explains this: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_5/design/guide/UCCX_BK_C2EB4F58_00_unified-cccx-design-guide-10-5.pdf

Brian

Thanks Brian - just what I needed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: