cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 and the request to the cisco CTI server timed out

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

we upgraded from UCCX 7 to 8 and CUCM 7 to 8. For a week everything wokred fine but all of a sudden agents could no longer login into their phone. they got the following error: The Request to the Cisco CTI server timed out. try again.

they got an error with the CAD as well, however, the work around for that was to

Navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\config

Open PhoneDev.cfg file via notepad and add the following to the file:

[ReqTimeout]
Milliseconds=1200000

Save this file and then log into the agent desktop.

I opened a TAC case gathered traces and they found one case that has experienced samed thing. it has been escalated to BE Unit.

any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

When CAD agents login, UCCX sends the CAD info to CUCM for authentication. If CUCM is integrated with AD it further forwards the info to the first DC. Once the DC authenticates the info ack is sent back to UCCX and then CAD gets logged in. By default UCCX has a time out window of 10 seconds and if the ack does not come by, within this 10 seconds CAD agents fail to login and you see a time out issue.

In your case, Is CUCM integrated with AD through LDAP ? If yes check if there is no communication delay between CUCM and DC. Also check the DC event logs to confirm if those servers are working properly or not.

Hope this helps isolating the issue

Anuj Bhatia

Hi,

I think your problem should be solved, but for the record :

Our solution was to restart the AXL on the CUCM.

It looked like authentication went wrong.

By changing the parameter suggested for CAD we came to this conclusion, because the CAD agent 'worked' slowly and the IPPA did not.

Kind Regards,

Jos de Bruin

Hi Jos

By updating the phonedev.ini file or restarting the AXL service you could be masking a problem, either in network latency or how LDAP integration has been configured with port 389(default). If the LDAP server is also the Global Catalog you should be using port 3268 since this will reduce the time it takes for the response of authentication. Using port 389 will send the lookup to all the AD servers while using port 3268 only sends the request to that LDAP server, alleviating the amount of lookups.

Please refer to the following technote

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080b28d01.shtml

Ports used for LDAP, Microsoft

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772723(WS.10).aspx

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for this extra information.

Before restarting the AXL we changed the port to 3268.

I changed it back again, but at the moment there is no issue.

We will use a service window to change the parameter back again and reboot the server.

Is the reboot really needed, because i discussed this with a Tac engineer and het told me it wasn't necessary.

When configuring this part on the configration page, there it also doesn't state anything about it.

Kind regards,

Jos de Bruin

Hi Jos

Updating the ports configured for the LDAP server does not require a reboot, the port update is dynamic. However, if you encounter the CAD timed out error, typically rebooting the CUCM publisher resolves the problem.

Regards

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: