Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 Network Failover

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I looked at UCCX 8.0 SRND about the server Network Failover and could not find it. Be fore UCCX 8, UCCX server only connects on one Network interface. UCCX 8 does have command "set network failover ena" in the command list. Question is "Does UCCX 8 suport Network failover???"

Thanks,

Wenqian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The UCCX installation guide states that network failover is not supported - see the bottom of page 10 of the document below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801ig.pdf

I suspect that as long as you are not using the monitoring feature used for recording/silent monitoring etc. then you could enable failover without any issues (other than TAC support if you need to raise a case).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

It does support Network failover called as High Availability Failover. please chek UVVX8 Srnd page 18 and 19 you will find abou this option. This is license based option.

Thanks for reply.

The failover I was asking about is something like Network teaming between NICs on the same server.

I tried command "set network failover ena" and seems working. Has anyone experience any problems about this failover setup?

Wenqian

Hi,

The UCCX installation guide states that network failover is not supported - see the bottom of page 10 of the document below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801ig.pdf

I suspect that as long as you are not using the monitoring feature used for recording/silent monitoring etc. then you could enable failover without any issues (other than TAC support if you need to raise a case).

Thanks for the reply. I did not see that part when read the Guide. I should stick to the Guide.

Thanks.

Wenqian

Hi All, I understand this not supported for UCCX. However this is an urgent requirement from client to have network fault tolerance of NICs. Has anyone tried enabling network failover for UCCX 8 with each NIC connected to separate core switches in a production environment? Let me know your thoughts and experience please. Thanks, Yavuz

brasscannon
Level 1
Level 1

We run CUCCX 8.0.2 with Network Failover, in production.

Both NICs are connected to different 6509 switches on the same VLAN.  When we first built the environment I tested by disconnecting a NIC (physically pulling the cable) and ran continuous ping.  Reconnected NIC 1, waited a few seconds, then disconnected 2nd NIC; after confirming that I could still ping, re-connected NIC cable.  As I recall, we didn't drop any pings when disconnecting a cable but dropped a few pings when re-connecting a NIC.

We have 30 agents, 4 applications.

Hi

In my experience the number of outages caused by software failures or administrative errors outweigh those caused by LAN/NIC failures by a huge amount. So much that the question of NIC failover doesn't really cause too much issue, especially when you have a pair of UCCX servers in the cluster (as most of my customers do, especially where redundancy is important). I think it's more important to stay within the guidelines - so when it does fail TAC don't have the option of pointing at your NIC configuration as 'unsupported'.

If NIC failover is really that important to the customer, then one option is to deploy it on UCS. You can have a single vNIC on the virtual machine, and multiple physical NICs in a fault tolerant mode whilst still staying in a 'supported' config.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have UCCX 8.5, and it seems that the network failover is enable as i'm trying to issue the command: "show network eth0"

I got: "eth0 has been overridden by Network Fault Tolerance.

To view the Ethernet port configuration, please use following command:

show network failover"

I tried to issue the "show network failover" the command doesn't exist. Also tried to disable the failover "set network failover dis" the command doesn't exist. Using the help syntax, i couldn't find the command either.

I need to disable the failover as it seems there's a problem related to the network cards...

Any ideas?