Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.x agent desktop install

Gear Misner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to install the agent desktop.  My  issues is I can't seem to find where I download it from.  I have  already run the CAD desktop configuration.  When I go to the plugins  section it has the supervisor desktop.  I downloaded that, but it only  gives me the option to install the supervisor.  I also tried to download  it from the appusers webpage, but the option is not even availiable.   Let me know what I am missing.  Thanks in advance for the help!

version is 8.0.2.10000

8 Replies 8

jody.wright
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified CCX Supervisor Desktop

To install Cisco Unified CCX Supervisor and Agent Desktops, click on the following link

The supervisor link doesn't prompt you for the supervisor and agent options like it used to, but it does install both desktops when you run it.  If you want the agent only the follow the Agen desktop link.

I don't even see the link for the agent.  When I do the install of the supervisior agent it only installs the supervisor.  You get propted on what items you want to install to the hard drive and the only option is the supervisor.

The prompting sounds like it is the expected result, but it should be installing the agent also. The Agent link should be directly under the Supervisor link, but from your image file clearly it isn't there.

I would check the license to see if it is recognizing the agent licenses. 

System -> License Information -> Display License

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 300

That is crazy.  Yeah the licensing looks good to me?  Can this be caused by the CAD tool not completing correctly or something weird?  Should I try bumping the box?  It is not in production yet...  Thanks again for helping me out with this.  I have never seen this issue before.

I am sure you have gotten past this, but I wanted to post  a resolution on this discussion, since we just ran into the same thing!  Maybe can save the next person some time (maybe even me, when I forget, and search the forum again!).  It seems that the agent desktop is no longer supported in the Standard package, per SRND:

Note CAD is not available in the Standard package starting from Cisco Unified CCX 5.0(2).

Mary Beth

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

If this is a new install, you have to run build the install packages before you'll be able to download and install them.  The agent software needs some parameters that won't be in place till you build it.  This is the equivalent of the postinstall.exe utility that you'd run on the windows versions.

You can find the option to build the desktop under Tools --> Plugins on the CRS Administrator pages.  It's the top option.

Cliff

We had run that, and had the link to the supervisor and admin downloads, just no agent.  We have the Standard package, so it looks like it is just not included.  I eventually ran into some old notes that talked about this, someone had actually opened a TAC case, and were told the same thing.

You are right,

With the standard package you can only use IPPA agents but no CAD software and that is the
reason you only see CSD as a download option on the Admin page.

It is clearly documented in the Admin guide below.

Note: CAD is not available in the Standard package starting from Cisco Unified CCX 5.0(2).

SRND doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_
8_0/design/guide/uccx80srnd.pdf
>

design/guide/uccx80srnd.pdf<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/
contact_center/crs/express_8_0/design/guide/uccx80srnd.pdf
>

IPPA is the only option for Standard license.

In order to use CAD you would need to upgrade to Enhanced or Premium.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: