cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.x JDBC URL

lharris310
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to successfully configure a Datasource with a SQL 2005 server. My 'Test Connection' fails everytime and I can't figure out why. I opened a Cisco TAC case and the TAC engineer told me that the UCCX server needs to have a domain configured as well as DNS. Is this correct? There is very little documentation detailing the steps required to configure the JDBC URL and I am having a very hard time. Here's the current URL  I have configured (screenshot attached also):

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://172.16.200.88:1443/UCCX_IVR;domain=mydomain.org

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

18 Replies 18

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with test connection failed, but I'm using oracle, can you all help on the JDBC url?

The below url format are not working:

jdbc:oracle:thin:[user/password]@[host][:port]:SID

jdbc:oracle:thin:[user/password]@//[host][:port]/SID

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//ipaddress[:1521]/dbname

Thanks,

HowYee

Hi,

Could you please help to integrate SQL database with UCCX 11.6.

I uploaded Driver and create database but after giving database source name and JDBC url its giving Test connection fail.

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

Spent many hours fumbling and stumbling to try and get this working in my 'lab' setup and I know NOTHING about the weird and wonderful ways that Microsoft do things (the master of the esoterica from what I can make out).

Anyway, using SQLExpress (free) database, and no AD (it's a lab VM setup remember) this is what worked for me:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://10.200.1.33:1433/BaseLine;instance=SQLExpress

Note, everything is case sensitive it turns out, even the word 'instance'. I hope if saves another poor soul from hours of frustration that I had to endure!

ChrisO

Thank you very much, spent two days with this connection fail error and finally found your post. this is gold :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: