Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9.0(2) - Holiday schedule for geographic regions

dcscuba23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone will be able to nudge me in the right direction. I am struggling to find a good way to script out a particular holiday check. I have a UCCX server that resides here in the states that will be serving some customers in Asia and the UK. It is also handling customer calls here in the US as well. Each region has their own set of agents and CSQ's. The problem I am having is each region has unique Holidays that they recognize, as well as share a couple such as Christmas and New Year's. I am having a hard time figuring out how to build a holiday check since the server time and associated timezone resides here in the states and not in those other regions. The Time of Day step was a breeze since you can define a time zone now. It's calculating when it's a holiday in the other regions that I am stuck on. Any suggestions that you may have would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Damon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't normally upload scripts to the forums because they are not searchable and also, anyone on a lower version cannot use it, but it's late at night, and I'm feeling half lazy, so here's a fully working solution to compute your holidays with timezone support.

This is just the way I do it, with Date arrays, but you may like XML documents, or some other form.

This is intended to work as a subflow.  Your main script would need a boolean variable and a Date array variable to support it, which you will use in the Input mapping and Output mapping of the Call Subflow step respectively.

Good luck and happy holiday logic testing!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't normally upload scripts to the forums because they are not searchable and also, anyone on a lower version cannot use it, but it's late at night, and I'm feeling half lazy, so here's a fully working solution to compute your holidays with timezone support.

This is just the way I do it, with Date arrays, but you may like XML documents, or some other form.

This is intended to work as a subflow.  Your main script would need a boolean variable and a Date array variable to support it, which you will use in the Input mapping and Output mapping of the Call Subflow step respectively.

Good luck and happy holiday logic testing!

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

This looks great and will be super helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share.  I really appreciate your assistance.

-Damon

Nice.  Let me know if you need support with it.  I'll be happy to help.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: