In UCCX 9.0 in Subsystem --> Database --> Data Source, we have added external DB and tested successfully. But in script editor when I add DB get option and click on DB Resource Name I do not find any name. When i do refresh i am getting error java.Lang Exception:Remote Error: java.rmi.UnknownHostException: Unknown Host: Null
Please see attach screenshot of error. Please advice why I am getting this error and how to fix it.
in my script (uccx ver 11.6)
Added local variable (in my case ContactID) as a String , value = ""
Then in Script steps , add a DB Read step.
The DB Resource Name is (in my case is ContactID - from the variable added)
Data Source Name - drop down should show what you put in UCCX Subsystem --> Database --> Data Source
Then in DB Get step the DB Resource should have what you added in the DB Read Step as a choice
and again the Data Source Name is what you put in UCCX Subsystem --> Database --> Data Source
see attached example
I tried your steps and i am facing error on DB Read. I am not able to save DB Read. When I try to sane I am getting error Please configure Database Name. In Data Source Name i am not able to find Database name. When I click on Refresh Database Name, I am getting same error I was getting on DB Get.
The Data Source Name is what you configured in UCCX. Going back to your original post - although you stated you tested the Data Source Name connection - it may be that the error you got from your refresh is pointing back to that Data Source you configured in UCCX : error => java.Lang Exception:Remote Error: java.rmi.UnknownHostException: Unknown Host: Null (the Unknown Host - that is your data source)
What I have experienced is that I had to work closely with my DB person who manages that and confirm that your Host name is correct and the DB person should probably be able to see the user name and password provided to you for accessing that DB is connecting successfully. Once it connects successfully - you should see it in the drop down in the Script DB Read step.
Also , as a side note, once that is established, make sure the user name has permissions to the Specific tables that you are putting in your Script to access.
I had the same problem on a UCCXEditor V11.6 and it was an Issue regarding the network TCP ports being blocked from the UCCX Editor to the UCCX server. Once the ports were aloowed, the problem was solved. Try to do the same from a network place where you are sure no ports are being blocked. Give this a try.