Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9/SocialMiner Web Chat Agent Name

Kevin Tompkins
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We recently implemented SocialMiner in a DMZ to allow for the web chat support feature to integrate with our UCCX 9. I've run successful tests, but I have a question regarding the agent name that displays in the chat window. Currently, the agent name is showing as their Active Directory username, which is a first/middle initial and last name. Is there a way to change that so it only shows the First Name of the agent? We're concerned about privacy for our agents.

See screenshot below.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

webchat.png

5 Replies 5

asiddhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am not aware of any settings on the UCCX that does that,but i will double check for you and will let you know.

regards

Anurag Siddhu

asiddhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

so i double checked and masking of "agent name "is not possible as of the moment by any configurable settings on UCCX

it will always show "

"Agent ID" + "(Customer Rep.)" in chat room"

i hope this clarifies your questions,

Regards

Anurag Siddhu

Thank you for checking into this for me. Do you know if that is a feature that is planned for a later release?

Thanks,

Kevin

it might very well be introduce in later releases , but i cannot confirm for sure.

Anurag

jessicas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kevin,

You can change the alias of the agent. When you login to Social Miner, go to the Home tab. From there you can click on settings. On that screen you will see Chat section where you can enter an alias.

Jessica