Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9.X NTP

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The UCCX server shows wrong time which affects the scripts.

Time zone is configured right,the ntp referenced is used by all devices in the network and is working fine.Tried to point it to cucm ip address but also the time is wrong .

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide "utils ntp status" from CLI?

Chris

Hi,

I attached a picture of the original config.

I deleted both servers and added a new one in the ntp2 picture but also shows wrong time.The time should be GMT+4

Thanks.

Can anyone help plz,i tried to change the timezone to try something  else but it said that this will make me lose the license and it has to  be rehosted again and i am afraid that the license won't work again.

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

Ahmed - Are you sure you didn't already break the license by changing the ntp IP Address in the original statement?  Usually any change to the ntp will require a new license hosting.  We went through this once and had to get TAC to get Licensing to provide a new license file.  Are you sure the ntp you are synchronizing with is set to the proper time?  If your Call Manager and UCCX servers are synchronizing to the same ntp server and both are showing incorrect times, it may be the ntp server.  Is the ntp server on your site?  If so, I would confirm they have it set to the proper time.

Is your NTP source a Windows server, a Linux server, or an IOS gateway / switch?

Could you please provide the Event Viewer System logs starting from the time you experienced this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Anirudh
"Protocol, then product"

Thanks & Regards, Anirudh "Protocol, then product"

In OS Admin the only time you have to generate new licenses is if you delete the original NTP IP Address from install. If the NTP server listed is not accessible, just click add new and supply a new NTP server IP Address. refresh page and verify that NTP is accessible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: