Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Abandoned Calls Details

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have a small Call Center Express , with just one Queue .. the version is 10.5.1-11001_49

The main request for the customer was as follows :

• For the CSQ get below :
    • Calls Presented
    • Calls Handled
    • Calls Abandoned
      • IVR Abandoned
      • Agent Abandoned

Inside the CUIC for the CCX , we can get the Calls Presented , and Total of Calls Abandoned .. we can’t get which calls are Abandoned inside IVR ( i.e : before reaching any Agent .. just the customer was waiting in Queue , then he choose to drop the call ) ..

also for Agents , i.e: Calls were abandoned after getting presented to Agents ( there is no Auto Answer ) , and the RNA time is 12 seconds

Reports where used for getting the calls are :

• Contact Service Queue Activity Report ( where it shows Total Presented , Total Abandoned )
  • Abandoned Call Detail Activity Report ( where it shows Abandoned calls with respect to Agents )

So , now with example from the customer DB :

• CSQ Activity Report give below details :
    • Total  Presented : 5778
      • Handled : 5409
      • Abandoned : 369

We tried get more details for the Abandoned calls from the Abandoned Call Detail Activity Report, and  we got only 66 calls Abandoned inside that report …

Does that mean the rest of Abandoned calls are Abandoned in IVR ? , 369 – 66 = 303 Calls

Does anyone know the correct way of getting those Abandoned IVR calls ?

Thanks a lot ,

Ahmed Salah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for the reply ...

i have done some testing on LAB , to figure out the analogy .. and below is the output :

• To explain , the Abandoned calls can be summarized to below :
    • Abandoned Application : The Caller called the System Number , then heard the Welcome message .. and Closed the Call , he was NOT offered to be Queued Yet ..
    • Abandoned Queue : The Caller called the System Number, heard the Welcome message , and he selected proper choices to reach agent , but all were busy , so he waited in Queue .. then Closed the Call … he was NOT offered to an Agent Yet
    • Abandoned Agent : The Caller called the System Number, heard the Welcome message , and he selected proper choices to reach agent , and Agent XXXX was reserved , and during the Ring Time , the Caller closed the call .. he was NOT talking with the Agent .

• Now to get the 3 types using One report , I would suggest :  Detailed Call CSQ Agent Report .. , and to use it as below :
    • Before running the Report , filter it with only one Filter inside CUIC : Called Number (@param4) , and choose the Trigger Number for the Application, then Run the Report
    • Now you can extract the report , and work only on the Call Disposition value of “1” , which is “Abandoned”
    • You should see output like below :

Note : I simulated some calls on the Lab , with same version of UCCX as installed on your premises  “10.5.1.11001-49” , and Agent is called : Agent 1

• The calls with Values in Application Name only >> Abandoned Application , Yellow
  • The calls with Values in Application Name , and CSQ Names >> Abandoned Queue , Purple
  • The calls with Value in Application Name , CSQ Names , and Agent Name >> Abandoned Agent , Red
  • Now if I run the report with “Contact Service Queue Activity” , I should expect calls to be matched with above data ,

And to be specific , the data should match the case where values in Application Name , CSQ Names , AT LEAST , so it will match both “Purple , Red “ ,.. which are 9 calls

I hope this could help others .. :)

Thanks a lot ,

Ahmed Salah

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Any Reply ?

Hi

So - the CSQ reports will show abandoned call counts as those that abandon after being sent to a CSQ. If you send one call to more than one CSQ, you would need to account for them counting against multiple queues.

Calls that abandon in the IVR will also show in the DB as abandon, UNLESS you have either put in a 'set handled' step (i.e. when playing a closed message).

Those that abandon pre-CSQ will have the 'call disposition' set to abandon in the contactcalldetail table, so you should be able to see those in the 'Application' reports rather than CSQ reports.

A call that an agent abandons (i.e. does not answer) is not an abandoned call. It will show up in some reports as an RNA call, or a difference between 'presented' and 'handled' on agent-focussed reports. It is only an abandoned call if the caller hangs up, in which case it would count against the CSQ.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for the reply ...

i have done some testing on LAB , to figure out the analogy .. and below is the output :

• To explain , the Abandoned calls can be summarized to below :
    • Abandoned Application : The Caller called the System Number , then heard the Welcome message .. and Closed the Call , he was NOT offered to be Queued Yet ..
    • Abandoned Queue : The Caller called the System Number, heard the Welcome message , and he selected proper choices to reach agent , but all were busy , so he waited in Queue .. then Closed the Call … he was NOT offered to an Agent Yet
    • Abandoned Agent : The Caller called the System Number, heard the Welcome message , and he selected proper choices to reach agent , and Agent XXXX was reserved , and during the Ring Time , the Caller closed the call .. he was NOT talking with the Agent .

• Now to get the 3 types using One report , I would suggest :  Detailed Call CSQ Agent Report .. , and to use it as below :
    • Before running the Report , filter it with only one Filter inside CUIC : Called Number (@param4) , and choose the Trigger Number for the Application, then Run the Report
    • Now you can extract the report , and work only on the Call Disposition value of “1” , which is “Abandoned”
    • You should see output like below :

Note : I simulated some calls on the Lab , with same version of UCCX as installed on your premises  “10.5.1.11001-49” , and Agent is called : Agent 1

• The calls with Values in Application Name only >> Abandoned Application , Yellow
  • The calls with Values in Application Name , and CSQ Names >> Abandoned Queue , Purple
  • The calls with Value in Application Name , CSQ Names , and Agent Name >> Abandoned Agent , Red
  • Now if I run the report with “Contact Service Queue Activity” , I should expect calls to be matched with above data ,

And to be specific , the data should match the case where values in Application Name , CSQ Names , AT LEAST , so it will match both “Purple , Red “ ,.. which are 9 calls

I hope this could help others .. :)

Thanks a lot ,

Ahmed Salah

Ahmed,

Thank you for a very detailed answer to your own question :) This was very useful to me.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi all,

Very well explained!

I have a quick question related to the above scenario. As in the diagram above, some of my reports show a "Contact Disposition" of 2, and has a CSQ name without an asterisk (*) beside it under "CSQ Names" column.

Now I can see that the call was answered by an agent, but this only happens for calls put on hold by the said agent.

Can anyone shed some light as to why this happens please???

Hi ,

can you please share a snap shot from your report .. as in the above one .. all the calls with disposition 2 , has a CSQ marked with Asterisk ..

Thanks A lot,

Ahmed Salah

testHi Ahmed,

I have attached a screenshot of the report as requested.

Regards,

Ahaneku

Contact Disposition
The following are the contact dispositions and their respective values based on the outcome of the call:
• 1—Abandoned
• 2—Handled
• 4—Aborted
• 5 to 98—Rejected
• 99—Cleaned

Refer to Report Reference Values List section of below document to have more details on the values that come in the Historical Reports:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/user/guide/UCCX_BK_U89A45EB_00_uccx-historical-reporting-guide-106.html

In an ideal situation, you should always have a Asterisk next to the CSQ Name that means "Call was handled by that particualr CSQ". Since it is missing for one of the calls in your report, this will probably need to be investigated through logs what exactly is that call doing which then appears differently in the report

A TAC case will help here if you really want to go in the root of this.

One corner case I can think of is that you are placing the call in queue 1 lets say and if no agent is available in that queue to answer the call, you send the call to some other queue (queue 2 lets say) and then it gets answered there. In this case, queue 1 is probably coming without an asterisk in the report since the call was queued there first but was never handled by agent from there so it is not the final CSQ

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak,

The calls are following the same flow as other calls through the queue. The only difference is that the agent put the call on 'hold' for a period of time. This always results in no asterisk after the csq name.

Also according to Cisco documentation, even if the call passed through more than one queue, the last one that handled it will have the asterisk after it.

I will dig deeper into the mivr logs and if still no joy, then over to Cisco TAC.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Ahaneku

Thanks for this post it was very useful as I was looking through the guide. I have an additional question.

Is there a value that needs to be set on the script that allows you not to count the abandon calls coming from the Abandoned Application or Abandoned Queue. If possible maybe if there is a way to set to have it only count after a certain time frame?

Hi James

You can't have the system change the way it records calls. It will record calls as they come in, if they abandone, and after what time they abandon.

If calls are queued, this is recorded, and the amount of time after which they abandon or answer is also recorded.

Since the 'abandon' yes/no and time are always recorded, your reports can be written to interpret this data however you want - i.e. you can look at calls abandoned within 10 seconds, and exclude those from the abandon count. 

So the way the system records them, and the data in the DB doesn't change - just your view of it. You would do this by writing a custom report that outputs the data as you need.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron, good day.

I know this is an old article, however may be you may give an advice, please.

Since the system doesn't have CSQ and Agents, I configured Call Custom Variable Report where I put some numbers (called and calling) according to the script logic. Based on this logic I may see which internal CUCM subscriber was called and which one took the call.

Report doesn't reveal when Calling Party hang up, though, whether this is during welcome message or when one of the internal phones rang.

How can we capture hang up message came from the Calling Party within UCCX Script and put it into Variable ?

Because of this I cannot surely tell, whether call was answered or not.

I would like the share what I've got during report construction (in attach)

I think I have found the answer:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/63449-ipivr-scrpt-disconnected.html

I know its an old thread, but I think if you set a variable like "short call" have it be default to true and place a "set shortcall to false" it in the script in a spot where the call will have been within the application for after 10 seconds, and then have an "if" statement saying "if shortcall is true" then mark call as handled. I know this is kind of cheating but I have done it for a few customers who didn't want to see call's where the caller wouldn't even hold for 10 seconds.