cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX After hours support number

jaytward42
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry if this question has already been asked on the forums.  

We have our company service desk that fields tech support calls.  After hours, mgmt would like a feature that sends calls to an on call person.  The person on call will be switched around quite a bit, therefore the number of the on call person would change as well.  

The on-call number would need to be able to be changed by the specific support group itself (i.e. Exchange, Network, etc etc), without ccx administrator assistance.

I am not sure the best way to go about this.  I was thinking having an application that the support group can call into, enter in the current on-call persons phone number, which writes to an XML document, then have the After hours support script look at the XML document for on-call information. This sounds all great in theory, but execution is a different story :)

Is there any other way to go about this?  Does anyone have an example?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use a script that can write to the XML document and use keyword transform step,

Exchange,network guys will be given the trigger number they can call it and enter the number of the new on call engineer.

check this one:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12151076/transform-document-help-ccx

You can search for other scripts using keyword transform step and build yours.

HTH

Chakshu Piplani

Please rate helpful posts.

Thank you Chakshu!

Let me see what I can do with this.

Hi,

Just as a simple example script you may refer this attachment.

HTH

Chakshu

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.