Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Agent-CTI integration

adbaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a partner working within the public sector space that would like to extend their agent CTI integration from CCE (Using CTI Toolkit) to the CCX product. A couple of questions;

1- Where do I find the SDK or other information to get them started?

2- For licensing, even though they may not actually be using CAD do we still use the standard licensing mechanism?

3- Are there any similar examples of CTI integration specifically with CCX?

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCX doesn't offer CTIOS as an option, only CAD. My understanding is that the ACMI protocol that CAD uses can be supported with a developer support contract. I'm not sure if CTIOS also uses ACMI to speak with UCCE or not. You probably need to reach out to the product managers directly on this.

PS-  CAD is on death watch. Your customer would probably be better off getting started with finesse at this point than trying to port CTIOS into CCX.

Hi,

My understanding there is some amount of limitation when integrating 3rd party application (inhouse CRM) with UCCX through ACMI protocol (other than the fact its socket level rather than API based). Am i able to get the full blown feature as what CAD has with this integration?

When Finesse is introduced, any idea if the ACMI protocol will still be available for the 3rd party applications?

Thanks!

-JT-

adbaker
Level 1
Level 1

So I've now found the CCX CTI developer guides here;

http://developer.cisco.com/web/uccxcti

That still leaves items 2 & 3 anyone?

Perhaps one of the BU team can comment on Jonathan's CAD comment?

My personal observation is that whilst we [Cisco] may want to migrate customers away from CAD (as this is a 3rd party agreement with Collabrio) the Finesse desktop is still very early in it's life and doesn't support all the features of CAD yet. As a result a lot of customers will continue choosing CAD while that's the case.

adbaker wrote:

That still leaves items 2 & 3 anyone?

Perhaps one of the BU team can comment on Jonathan's CAD comment?

If you want to grab BU's attention, please raise a thread here https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/contactcenter?view=discussions

GP.

Thanks Gajanan, I'll post any reply that I get from them just to close the loop.

Perfect Adrian.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: