cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Agent is talking on IPCC Extension but still gets call on Primary Extension

wasak19861
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have come across this issue, where an agent phone or device profile has 2 lines.

Primary line for general inbound and outbound calls.

Second line set as IPCC extension.

I have set Max Calls and Busy trigger on both of these lines to 2:1

But still if the agent is busy on the second line (IPCC Extension), he gets another call on primary line.

Is this ideal or am i missing something ?

Regards,

Waseem

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Waseem the behavior you are able to see there is correct since both the lines are independent of each other and even though the Busy Trigger is getting max out for the IPCC Extension and it had not max out for the Primary Extension. These settings are DN/line specific and not device specific and hence the agent will get a call on their Primary line even though the busy trigger for their IPCC Extension is set to 1 as it had nothing to do with the Primary DN busy trigger settings. You can test thing even without involving UCCX at all here, simply make a direct call to the IPCC Extension of agent let it answer and then call the Primary line, you will still get a call.

If you want a way around this, then configure agents only with one extension and let it serve as both Primary as well as IPCC.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Waseem, take a look at the below document which clearly states that
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12436491/multiple-callcall-waiting-settings-cucm-8x-and-later
Busy Trigger
This setting, which works in conjunction with Maximum Number of Calls and Call Forward Busy, determines the maximum number of calls to be presented at the line. If maximum number of calls is set for 50 and the busy trigger is set to 40, incoming call 41 gets rejected with a busy cause (and will get forwarded if Call Forward Busy is set). If this line is shared, all the lines must be busy before incoming calls get rejected.

The line highlighted in red above is equivalent to the Primary line in our case and hence only reject a call if both the lines have exhausted their respective Busy Call settings. The behavior you are getting there is default and cannot be changed.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Waseem,

do you have any call forwarding settings on IPCC extension.?

Also general DN and IPCC DN are they same or different?

Hi Deepak,

General DN and IPCC DN are different.

Let me elaborate more on this,

Call 1 - Agent 1 gets a call on IPCC Extn from UCCX, he goes on talking mode now.

Call 2 - Agent 1 receives a call from his colleague on his general extension and the phone rings.

Ideally when I have set my Max calls and busy trigger on both the lines to 2:1, where I say allow only one incoming call and these settings are device specific.

Ideally the Call 2 should have been forwarded to Voicemail.

What are your thoughts ?

Regards,

Waseem

Waseem the behavior you are able to see there is correct since both the lines are independent of each other and even though the Busy Trigger is getting max out for the IPCC Extension and it had not max out for the Primary Extension. These settings are DN/line specific and not device specific and hence the agent will get a call on their Primary line even though the busy trigger for their IPCC Extension is set to 1 as it had nothing to do with the Primary DN busy trigger settings. You can test thing even without involving UCCX at all here, simply make a direct call to the IPCC Extension of agent let it answer and then call the Primary line, you will still get a call.

If you want a way around this, then configure agents only with one extension and let it serve as both Primary as well as IPCC.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks,Deepak.

Plz check the screenshot and help me understand it better.

Regards,

Waseem

Waseem, take a look at the below document which clearly states that
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12436491/multiple-callcall-waiting-settings-cucm-8x-and-later
Busy Trigger
This setting, which works in conjunction with Maximum Number of Calls and Call Forward Busy, determines the maximum number of calls to be presented at the line. If maximum number of calls is set for 50 and the busy trigger is set to 40, incoming call 41 gets rejected with a busy cause (and will get forwarded if Call Forward Busy is set). If this line is shared, all the lines must be busy before incoming calls get rejected.

The line highlighted in red above is equivalent to the Primary line in our case and hence only reject a call if both the lines have exhausted their respective Busy Call settings. The behavior you are getting there is default and cannot be changed.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you, Deepak.

Things are clear now...

Regards,

Waseem

Glad that I was able to help Waseem and thanks for marking the Correct Answer

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: