Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Agent Silent monitoring another Agent without supervisor role

mleboeuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to give an agent the capabilty to do silent monitoring on another agent, without giving the first agent the supervisor role.  Somebody knows a way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies 9

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @mleboeuf 

you cannot. Supervisor has the capability to monitor the agent. Agent cannot monitor the other agent. Same goes for Silent Monitoring.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

This is an interesting challenge. I think it can be done with some modifications to the script. I don't have time to work on this today--so it may take me some time to reply back, when/if I'm successful.
Update to follow...
-Sean

Are you referring to the remote silent monitoring built-in script? If so, didn't that die with the switchover to Finesse?

...I'm not sure when it died as far as the distribution of the scripts within specific releases, but I did just find/see that it went end-of-support as of June 30, 2020:

2020-0708-rsmEndOfSupport.png

RSM End of Support
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-enterprise/eos-eol-notice-c51-738343.html

So, I guess I prolly won't be spending any time playing with it.  We never used it in our environment, but we have it listed in our templates:

2020-0708-rmonScript.png

-Sean

I think it went away with CAD, as it relied on some components of CAD.

"In Unified CCX 11.0(1), Cisco Agent Desktop and all its components such as Cisco Supervisor Desktop, Cisco Agent Desktop reporting, on demand recording, remote monitoring, Cisco Agent Desktop Chat, Cisco Agent Desktop Email features are blocked and customers are advised to use Finesse Agent Desktop and its suite of products."
Source: UCCX 11.0 Release Notes

Older post on the topic:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-remote-monitoring-doesnt-work-after-upgrade-from-uccx-10-6/td-p/3176011

mleboeuf
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Ritesh and Sean,

My thoughts was that an agent should be able to listen to another agent for training purpose.  I will look for other solutions, the only one I have for now is to listen back to recordings.

Thank you again!

This really depends on what application you are using.   

You could use something as simple as a Y-cable, agents sitting side-by-side.  If you have a recording service already, then it is a matter of giving permission to agent users to access specific previously recorded calls.  If you want to have them monitor live calls, then the silent monitoring app would need to be modified to permit agents to do this(This is normally just a supervisor function, so the script would need to be modified.); or other QA / monitoring application if available.  

So it really depends on what application(s) you have available.

-Sean

Thanks for the reply Sean!  I think we will stay with the recordings solution.

Thank you again,

Hi 

You requirement can be fulfilled by 3rd party solution "MARS Silent Monitor & Whisper" for Cisco CUCM.

PFA  a short write-up on the solution.

The application can be used by Contact Center Supervisors ,QA Persons , Trainers ,Trainees

For more details please write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: