cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Agent stuck in Reserved State when call gets transfered (direct transfer)

reindl_mc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have following issue:

CUCM 11.5.1 SU5

UCCX 11.6.1

UCCX Inbound call arrives at Agent A

Agent A transfers the call to another CSQ Number with Finesse and is using direct transfer function.

Agent B gets selected and gets reserved - but finesse does not show any button to take the call (Cisco Jabber shows the incoming call, after taking the call - state in fiinesse still in reserved state) - it gets stuck in this state - even when the caller hangs up - it stays at this state for about 2 minutes. Manually changing to other state not possible.

BUT when Agent A transfers the call to another CSQ using Consult Transfer - type the number in finesse , say call and then transfer it the issue does not happen. It happens only with direct transfer - any ideas why this can happens ?

kind regards

12 Replies 12

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3
Hi

Have you ever found a solution for your problem?
I'm facing exactly the same. Is it a bug?

Regards
Peter

Dillon Probst
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same scenario and a TAC case open. Situation is that everyone is working remote now on VPN. Agent A is part of an operator queue and uses operator software (cisco partner) to blind transfer calls to another CSQ. Still trying to get to the bottom of it.

...one quick comment about remote agents and IP Telephony in general when working from VPN--make sure the VPN subnet with which the agents/endpoints register (remote) have a route back to all IPT resources (call managers, third party app servers, voice gateways, MTPs, et al). Many times I have seen where the VPN criteria is not set up to route back-into these resources. ...Call Managers inside the network can route out, but RDP and signaling is suppressed by security routing measures established on the VPN, to restrict inbound access to seemingly 'unnecessary' resources. Which are necessary for telephony...
Hope this helps.
-Sean

Usually when agents are reserved and the call does not route, then it suggests that for some reason callmanager is not able to route the call via the cti application to the phone. Blind transfer is tricky, you need to check that the CSS is configured correctly. The process for consult transfer and blind transfer are completely different. With consult transfer your cti mgr will tell the phone to make the call to the destination, however in blind transfer the agent phone is no longer in the loop. So check the rerouting css. Check css on cti ports etc. I can't remember off the top of my head which css is used

Please rate all useful posts

The calls route, but agent B gets stuck in reserved. I'm likely going to switch them back to IP Communicator because I just don't have the time to deal with figuring it out. I can replicate with some test agent setups though.

schwabcm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this same issue, just posted in the community.  My agents are not remote at this time, because their manning a 24/7 station and they aren't allowed to work remotely.  The calls are coming as a direct transfer from through the script and after the caller hangs up the agent is stuck in a reserved state for at least a minute with no way to override.  We are 11.6(2) and so far this is the only CC reporting it, and it's been sporadic, just reported to us a few weeks ago.  I thought it was the wrap up, so I disabled it, but that was only 10 seconds.  Is this a Finesse issue or a network issue?

Hi

Make sure you have the latest ES installed, there are always a lot of bugs fixed and you may hitting CSCvp70270 or CSCvo62795.

Regards

Peter

I switched our operators back to IPC as a workaround. Still trying to get to the bottom of it and I'm now working with the operator console software support. I could replicate it on Jabber on VPN. However, TAC is saying that using the operator software instead of Finesse is unsupported. I don't have the latest ES installed, but TAC hasn't suggested to install that yet either.

That is interesting.  When you say IPC, do you mean IPCommunicator or IPCC where agents bypass Finesse?  So far I have only one CC reporting the issue.  Some of what I'm seeing is it could possibly be network related.  I'm not rebooting my network for this one CC at this time, but the network equipment that supports this on campus location is due for an upgrade to Cisco C9300 series switches.  I'm going to wait and see if there is any change after that upgrade.

I meant IPPA not IPCC

I meant IP Communicator. We're using that with Finesse and Akkadian Console Operator for an operator queue. Doesn't appear to be network related at this point.

I found these calls in the agent detail report as unknown. And wondered why. I would expect someting like transfer or redirect.
To bypass the issue I created a small step in the script. If type unknown redirect to callDNIS. We tested this and works fine for us.Capture.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: