cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX and GMAIL Possible?

Kevin Merck
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone out there deployed Agent E-mail with a GMail system? I have found people saying that it should be possible but the only documentation that I can find is for Exchange. We are a GMail shop and I have a request from our customer service department to create e-mail queues that tie back to contact center and can be answered from CAD. Are there any other systems that we could pull email into and then point contact center to it? 

(If you have not noticed there is a dis like for Exchange here.)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kevin-

All of the documentation I have seen has stated that Exchange is the only supported option.  When emails are sent into Exchange they are moved between a number of dynamically created folders as they work through the system.  The information you may have been seeing may have been related to the email subsystem and not related to Agent Email.   Unfortunately.

The configuration of the email subsystem will allow you to send outbound emails from a script and only requires an SMTP server added to the configuration.  They are completely independent.

DJ

View solution in original post

Tony Knight
Level 1
Level 1

DJ is correct up to and including v10.6 supports Exchange only.

There has been a stated intention in v11 to include Office 365 and GMail.  I noticed in the latest presentations this seems to have been left off.  This could mean that it will not be included in v11.0

The challenge is organisation's are moving email type solutions into the cloud.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kevin-

All of the documentation I have seen has stated that Exchange is the only supported option.  When emails are sent into Exchange they are moved between a number of dynamically created folders as they work through the system.  The information you may have been seeing may have been related to the email subsystem and not related to Agent Email.   Unfortunately.

The configuration of the email subsystem will allow you to send outbound emails from a script and only requires an SMTP server added to the configuration.  They are completely independent.

DJ

Tony Knight
Level 1
Level 1

DJ is correct up to and including v10.6 supports Exchange only.

There has been a stated intention in v11 to include Office 365 and GMail.  I noticed in the latest presentations this seems to have been left off.  This could mean that it will not be included in v11.0

The challenge is organisation's are moving email type solutions into the cloud.

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

As of today, there is no support from CCX side. In 11.0 there is no CAD and only Finesse based Agent Email which works with Social Miner.

Even Social Miner does not support Office 365 or Gmail in 11.0, but planned to be included in 11.5/12.0 release.

Hope this helps!

Also if you need additional information on Agent email with Finesse and SocialMiner, you could post additional questions in the ASE event happening on that:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12538306/ask-expert-social-miner-implementation-deployment-troubleshoot-contact-center

Regards,

Arundeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: