Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCx API(s) ?

julien.laffitte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if there is some kind of API interface in UCCx 8.x that would allow an external application to send requests to the server and perform actions such as uploading/deleting/updating scripts or documents or prompts in the UCCx database.

CUCM has its AXL/SOAP interface, CUC has its CUPI / CUNI interfaces, so I wonder if there something similar with UCCx application.

I have done many researches about that specific point and I found no clear answer telling me that this can be done or not, so I deduced that it does not seem possible: am I correct?

Thanks for your answers !

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sigh. You're correct, there is no API at this point. Yet another feature everyone needs and the BU can't seem to deliver.

Ok, so to summarize:

- No API allows to interact with the UCCx servers,

- The CLI offers no commands to manage scripts, documents or prompts.

That leaves us only the appadmin ! Great...

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is actually on the roadmap but they haven't committed a timeline/version. It will most likely be REST based as that is what the Engine mastership check API is implemented in.

I also expect this to be user centric at first, similar to CUPI pre-8.5.

For the record, this has been on the roadmap for years. I no longer believe anything Terry says will actually happen until it shows up in release notes.

I think the REST API will be available very soon. It will be very powerful:

- to get real time data in JSON format (very rich unlike database record or RMI data, thanks to cti protocol)

- to subscribe to events (team events, csq events, agent events etc...) thanks to comet technology

@yohannbarre, where did you get this information from?

The fact is that we don't get a lot of information about it officialy... I thought this API was a rumour, so i started to looking for it deeply. However i can't say when this will be available, i hope soon.

Hmm good for you. My Cisco source says there is sort of an API but for some reason they won't publish it due to security concerns.

I'm sorry to hear that, i'm sure CISCO Will handle it. They always do! :)

It's true that CTI Protocol is not very secure...

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

UCCX now supports APIs...

https://developer.cisco.com/web/uccxapi

Also, watch this Cisco Live! event:

BRKCCT-2055 - Unleash the power of Unified Contact  Center Express with APIs, custom reporting and Advanced scripting. (2013  Orlando)         - 2 Hours

https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=7665&backBtn=true

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: