Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX application with Multiple Triggers

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I have an application (App_A) which recieves a call, plays the prompt 'Your call will be recorded' and routes the call to an agent. The agent answers the call and 98% of the time forwards the call to another CSQ . The application has a main number which is used by people calling from outside and 15 other tirggers which are associated with 15 different CSQ. All triggers are associated with the same App_A application.

The challenge is NOT to play the prompte 'Your call will be recorded' when the call is being transfered to another CSQ.

Here's my cheap solution and would welcome all ather ideas.

1) Associate the App_A with the main number only which will play the 'Your call will be recorded' prompt.

2) Delete the prompt 'Your call will be recorded' and rename the application as App_B

3) Associate all other 15 tirggers with App_B.

Result:

The caller calls the main number and hits the App_A and hears the 'Your call will be recorded' prompt.

The agent answers the call and forwards the call to another CSQ by dialing the trigger associated with CSQ which will launch the App_B where there is no 'Your call will be recorded' prompt.

Anybody with a better and cleaner idea?  

Thanks,

MK

7 Replies 7

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

The easiest way would be to read the number that was called into a string variable then use an If statement to check if the read value is the main trigger number. If it is play the warning prompt. If it is not do not play the warning prompt. Three steps required for this.

Thanks James,

I will try and let you know.

MK

Here is the issue I am facing now:

After the agent has answered the incoming call, tries to forward the call to another tirgger (CSQ). I am trying to capture the agent extension to use in my IF statement to say, if the call is coming from agent extension bypass the recording message. 

In Get Call Contact Info, I am trying to capture the Last Redirected Number and put it in a string variable called CLID but all it shows in the Reactive debug is Null. 

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks,

MK

I created a CTI Port with forward all to one of the triggers. The agent dials the CTI Port extension and gets forwarded to the trigger of the application. Now I can capture the Last Redirect Number which is the CTI Port's extension. This could work but it's really not a clean solution. Anybody has any idea why it is not working without CTI Port?

Thanks,

MK

Any ideas?

MK

Hi MK,

Sorry I have been away. I am not sure why you are checking the calling number? - I suggested checking the called number as shown in the script below.

Would this work for you?

Capture.PNG

James,

We have some 4 digits numbers calling the same triggers and we need to treat tlose calls differently. I guess, I was able to resolve the issue by adding a second 'IF' statement to look for calling number:

If (sCallingNumber.length() == 4) then GOTO and different btanch.

But my question is still unasnswered. When the agent transfers the call to another trigger, the last redirected number shows null? I am expecting to see the agent's extension!

Thanks,

MK 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: