Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Automatic Callback

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

A Callback feature can be configured by the standalone UCCX feature or it needs a Ecosystem Cisco partner, if it can be done by UCCX alone please refer to me the convenient document.

How it works for example  a customer is on long hold and it drops the calls how the agent comes to know the telephone number of the customer, is it by missed call number  ???? and how it routes to the particular agent ??? and it will be a manual call by the agent or a automatic call.

another example if i want a customer to drop a voice mail then the voice mail will be dropped on unity connection but after that what sort of configuration has to be done on unity connection and UCCX and how it will trigger the automatic outbound dial to the customer drop voicemail message.

Scripts are very new to me i need to understand how we create and what approach has to be taken for callback or etc etc features, can anybody route me to the basic to advanced videos or book to purchase.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please look over the UCCX Callback documents already provided by Cisco - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/200764-UCCX-Call-Back-Feature-as-seen-on-CUCM-a.html

If the customer chooses call back, then he/she is prompted to enter the call back number. After the confirmation of the number, the call is disconnected. The system inturn turn calls another CTI trigger or Ghost trigger and keeps the call there till an agent is free, takes inout from the agent to connect the agent to call back to the number of the customer.

In the script, you would want to do the following:
Get Digit String, store as CallBack Number
Record a brief message to a temp prompt variable
Confirm number and message
Set a variable to place a call to a separate application that will loop the call details.
Get Contact, Session, digit info from call back contact
- Success - play callback contact, message and create a call redirect to the callback contact
- Timeout - loop back to get contact details

While that is a very generic step setup for it and not the exact scripting, it should get you in the right direction.

View solution in original post

thanks for the reply

the message which customer drops will be stored in the contact center itself, please correct me if i m wrong.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please look over the UCCX Callback documents already provided by Cisco - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/200764-UCCX-Call-Back-Feature-as-seen-on-CUCM-a.html

If the customer chooses call back, then he/she is prompted to enter the call back number. After the confirmation of the number, the call is disconnected. The system inturn turn calls another CTI trigger or Ghost trigger and keeps the call there till an agent is free, takes inout from the agent to connect the agent to call back to the number of the customer.

In the script, you would want to do the following:
Get Digit String, store as CallBack Number
Record a brief message to a temp prompt variable
Confirm number and message
Set a variable to place a call to a separate application that will loop the call details.
Get Contact, Session, digit info from call back contact
- Success - play callback contact, message and create a call redirect to the callback contact
- Timeout - loop back to get contact details

While that is a very generic step setup for it and not the exact scripting, it should get you in the right direction.

thanks for the reply

the message which customer drops will be stored in the contact center itself, please correct me if i m wrong.

Regards

Yes, the recorded message will be stored as a temp prompt variable within the loop application.

thanks 

So you are confirming me that we dont require a unity connection nor we require any third party i mean to say Cisco ( ATP) to do this job. Do we have a configuration example from Cisco to configure callback function.

Yup, I only use CUC for the queues that want a hard message delivered to email. Otherwise all self contained in UCCX.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: