cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX AXL Authentication failed.Please try again.

Isai Reyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community

I´m experiencing a problem when I try to log in Cisco Unified CCX Administration web page. After I put my credentials and hit connect button the web page displays error "AXL Authentication failed.Please try again."

I already follow password recovery procedure in http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851osag.pdf pages 16-17 "Resetting Administrator and Security Passwords" option a (Enter a to reset the administrator password), restarted server and nothing! same error appears when I try to log in with the same password I defined in password recovery procedure.

Any suggestions?

UCCX Version:

UCCX System version: 8.5.1.10000-37

P.D: My UCCX is virtualized in VMWare ESX Version 4.1.0

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot access the path mentioned in that document, it is only valid for windows version of UCCX whereas starting 8.x it is all linux. Now coming to the error message, below are the possible reasons:

1) CM version is not compatible. Refer to below Compatibility Matrix based on your UCCX version and check the same:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_8.5%28x%29_and_Service_Releases

2) AXL service is not running on the CM side. Go into Cisco Unified Serviceability >> Tools >> Control Center - Feature Services

3) AXL user which you use to integrate UCCX with CM had either been deleted from CM or the credentials for that had been changed on CM and the same had not been updated on UCCX

If it is point 3, then only TAC can help in this since they will then take the root of your system and set it to Fresh Install and then perform the post integration task again wherein they will update the correct AXL user credentials and it will work then.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure CUCM version is also compatible with current UCCX .

you can follow this - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express-701/113364-uccx-axl-00.html

Thanks for the reply Mehta

Ok. I already read that link but how I´m supposed to go to "C:\ Program Files\wfavvid" what is that?

when I access via ssh I get prompt "[Administrator@userishere~]$" and obviously this is linux so that "C:\ Program Files\" path doesnt make sense for me.

You cannot access the path mentioned in that document, it is only valid for windows version of UCCX whereas starting 8.x it is all linux. Now coming to the error message, below are the possible reasons:

1) CM version is not compatible. Refer to below Compatibility Matrix based on your UCCX version and check the same:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_8.5%28x%29_and_Service_Releases

2) AXL service is not running on the CM side. Go into Cisco Unified Serviceability >> Tools >> Control Center - Feature Services

3) AXL user which you use to integrate UCCX with CM had either been deleted from CM or the credentials for that had been changed on CM and the same had not been updated on UCCX

If it is point 3, then only TAC can help in this since they will then take the root of your system and set it to Fresh Install and then perform the post integration task again wherein they will update the correct AXL user credentials and it will work then.

Regards

Deepak

Yes Deepak Rawat you was right. At point 3  I had to contact cisco TAC.

Thanks (Y).

Thanks,

Which CUCM version are you running?

Hope you have checked AXL web service status and tried restarting etc.Also the id that you are using to login should have  Standard AXL API Access.thanks

Isai Reyes
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the input Rawat

Rawat/Mehta:

In fact I already verified and restarted AXL web service.

I´m using CUCM version:

System version: 8.5.1.10000-26
And it used to work before with CUCM.
Mehta:
what you mean with "Standard AXL API Access"

If it was working earlier and suddenly broke, then you most definitely need to contact TAC and ask them to perform the workaround as mentioned in point # 3.

Regarding the Standard AXL API Access role, you should have that role in the Application User that you are using as an AXL user for UCCX else it would have not worked earlier as well. You can check that by going into CM >> User Management >> Application User and look for the user that is being used as an AXL user

Regards

Deepak

This is standard group/role which should be assigned to the AXL user which UCCX uses to communicate with CUCM.

So check if the AXL user has correct group assigned or not in the CUCM application user.

Otherwise follow what Rawat has given below in his third point.thanks

Isai Reyes
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to all for your inputs

At the end I had to call TAC and they went to the "root" of the UCCX, created a troubleshoot user, downloaded CETtool to my computer and made a fresh install of UCCX, after that I create a new user in CUCM for AXL and later the same user in UCCX installation.

So fot this case the resolution was call to cisco TAC.

Isn't that what I told you in my previous replies that you will need to go for point # 3. Anyways glad that the issue got resolved.

Regards 

Deepak

Yes Deepak Rawat you was right I had to contact cisco TAC.

Thanks (Y).