Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - CAD 10.5 Migration to Finesse 11.6

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dear members,

One of our customers is planning to migrate from CAD 10.5 to Finesse 11.6.

I already know that in order to migrate smoothly and use CAD and Finesse simultaneously, the customer needs to upgrade to 10.6 SU1 to enable the Mixed Mode. And since the CAD email feature will not be supported while in Mixed Mode, it will be mandatory to install Social Miner.

People who did such migrations, I appreciate any comments or suggestions based on your experiences.

I also have questions regarding the integration of Social Miner - Email Feature with a Third Party CRM System. Anybody can advise on the feasibility of the below:

- Possibility of opening a CRM ticket when an agent replies or deletes an email or completes an email activity.
- Possibility of not opening a new CRM tiket if an email is a reply to an existing thread.
- Possibility of not opening a CRM ticket in case of emails with predefined subjects.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

4 Replies 4

Eric Tucker
Spotlight
Spotlight

I did perform this exact migration putting them on 10.6.x so they could learn finesse before the cut to 11.6.  

First thing, are they using exchange on prem or O365?  This is the linchpin as TLS support has been pushed to 1.3 but there is a technote to allow lowering the security to 1.0, (my clients still had exchange2010).  customer was using both but I ensured that they used the exchange as trying get O365 to play was not fun.  Every time you make any change you need to refresh the social miner config in CCX.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The customer has Exchange Server. My concerns are regarding the Social Miner integration with CRM. Have you done this integration?

Thank you.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The customer has Exchange Server. My concerns are regarding the Social Miner integration with CRM. Have you done this integration?

Thank you.

HI Ianou, No I can recommend an expert level CCX partner who would be able to make anything work.

I worked with him for 5 years and he can do things with Call Center that most cant.

Robert.Snook@Phalanx.net
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: