cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Call Consult and DTMF pauses

Tim Lowrey
Level 1
Level 1

Currently have a UCCX 11.5 application using Call Consult to call conference bridge provider number and sends participant code via DTMF to create simple auto logon into a conference call for our support staff.  Trying to set up same thing for new conference provider. Encountering two problems. First, when sending meeting number via DTMF string, the new provider is missing 1 or 2 of the first digits causing invalid dtmf entry. Also new bridge requires pressing an additional # after entering the meeting number. Does anyone know if Call Consult supports any type of pauses (like a mobile phone)? Any other solutions out there that support controlled DTMF presses (in line pauses).  I've looked at the Place Call step. It will not work because it does not connect or transfer the caller with the called endpoint. It hangs up the call once the script terminates. I'll take any ideas UCCX or other. Thank you!

2 Replies 2

I'm not following the use case. Are your agents calling an IVR which then calls a 3rd party IVR which then creates a conference? How do other people join the conference? Why can't the agent call the conferencing IVR directly from their phone?

david

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Have you already tried with a comma (the standard for pause)? The documentation for the Call Consult Transfer step unfortunately does not specify that this is valid, however, the Send Digit String step documentation does:

Note:
You can insert a “,” (comma) in the sequence of DTMF digits to instruct the script to insert a 1-second pause before continuing to out-pulse the remaining DTMF digits. You can use multiple commas to increase the length of the pause.

Source: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!send-digit-string-step/send-digit-string-step

As well as the Call Redirect step:

Note:
You can use a comma (,) in the string to insert a pause of 1 second before the next digit is outpulsed.

Source: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!call-redirect-step/call-redirect-step