Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Call Redirect

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have UCCX 7 and CUCM 7. I have a need to have users forward to a number on the PSTN outside of the contact center.

So, I have an initial script of menus. If the caller presses 2, I have a redirect to a CTI Port. The CTI Port is controlled by the end users whether it will forward to PSTN or directly to a queue. When it is forwarded back into an application to be routed to a CSQ, the call will sit in queue. If an agent goes ready, the call will not be routed.

Within MIVR logs, I have ani=null, dnis=null. I've tried both reset to and preserve for the call redirect step.

If we call the CTI Port directly, the forwarding into UCCX works without issue.

Does anyone know what I may be missing, or a better way to do this?

By the way, the users control the forwarding with CCMUSER.

Basically, I'm trying to start in CCX, pass to a CUCM CTI Port for routing decision, and back to CCX. I'd love to keep this all in CCX, but need something like ccmuser to allow users to easily forward the number.

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would start by trying a Call Consult Transfer instead of a Call Redirect. They result in different JTAPI commands behind the scenes. After that make sure that the CTI Port's CSS includes the CCX Route Points (Triggers) and CTI Ports (Call Control Group) partitions in it.

As for a better way to do this? I would suggest building a separate application and trigger that provides an IVR for users to set this number. The script would update an XML file within the Document repository that the other script can read and act upon.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would start by trying a Call Consult Transfer instead of a Call Redirect. They result in different JTAPI commands behind the scenes. After that make sure that the CTI Port's CSS includes the CCX Route Points (Triggers) and CTI Ports (Call Control Group) partitions in it.

As for a better way to do this? I would suggest building a separate application and trigger that provides an IVR for users to set this number. The script would update an XML file within the Document repository that the other script can read and act upon.

Thanks.

I gave this a shot.

If I'm not ready when the call comes in, and go ready, the call will not route.

If I'm ready prior to the call coming in, it will route.

I believe that the problem is that the ANI after the forward turns into a CTI Port (Call Control Group).

I don't know how I can change that.

I went ahead and created the IVR to write a redirect number to file.

It's not quite as nice as updating ccmuser, nor as simple as I was expecting, but it works well.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: