cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX CallBack Script-How to pass CallerID from BaseLineAdvQueuing Script to BaseLineMesageCallback script

Hi,

I'm using following CallBack feature scripts

- BaseLineAdvQueuing

- BaseLineMesageCallback

In the  1st script we have collected Originator  callerID and assigned into one of the CallVariable. Callback Queue handing in the 2nd script. But I couldn’t able to pass the CallerID into the second script.

In CUIC reporting , There will be 2 records generated  in custom call variable report. first record has the callerID in the assigned call variable but second record’s call variable are empty.

How to pass the call variable values from 1st record into 2nd record.

Please advise, it would be much appreciated..

Thanks and Rgds

Param

7 Replies 7

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

You can use Set Enterprise Call Info to set the Peripheral Variable with CallerID on the outBoundContact obtained from Place call step, and retrieve that in your Call Back or any other script where the call is made into using Get Enterprise Call Info for Triggering Contact.

Thanks for reply Chintan Gajjar.

I'm facing difficulties to set Peripheral Variable with CallerID on the outBoundContact obtained from Place call step.

the first script(BaseLineAdvQueuing) has callerID, when i call the placecall step it will execute the 2nd script(BaseLineMesageCallback). I'm not able to pass the callerID from 1st script to 2nd script.

Here i'm attaching my scripts aswell. Please advise. it would be great.

please download the attachment and change the extension(.doc to .zip).

look at the attached snap if they help.

CB1 is source script, and the set the CPV10 there to CallerID.

CB2 is destination or call back queue script, where you can extract the data set in CVP10(pay close attention to call contacts here).

now both the script run parallel so its becomes hard to tell at which moment the CPV10 will become available in queue script, so in that case we use delay and if check to see if something has popped up in CPV10 from source script?

the if check can check only for 2 or 3 times and should go forward if nothing is available in CPV10 and not like what i have shown.

I'm having a similar issue. I offer up the callback option from another script where we are displaying variables like Caller Name, Driver Code, Hire Date from a DB look up. When the callback option is selected it does a redirect to the first call back script. Everything works including routing the VM or Callback to the particular CSQ it came from (not just BaselineMenu_CSQ. The problem is I dont want the driver to have to enter the callback number but populate it from the caller ID. When I debug the script I see the Caller ID populate the CallerID variable. I want to set the CallerID info as the "callbackNumber" and bypass the whole "enter the callback number" IF the CallerID is filled. Seems easy but Im struggling.

I'd encourage you to start your own post, since it seems like you have a unique issue from what this thread is about. Be sure to post scripts or screenshots of what you're working with, and we'll try to help you out.

Hello Param,

Did you find any solution for that? I have the same issue.

Thanks.

Hello all,

We have encounter the same issue... The CallBack functionality works fine, however we have a problem for collect the Originator callerID in the first Script and pass it to the second Script.

We tried using this method (using Get Session Step in both scripts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXivETA8bE&t

However no work fine (with this method appear the same SessionID for different calls), we opened a Cisco case and TAC indicate the next:

"

One global session is created for a given mapping identifier. The Get Session step returns the same session for that identifier for each invocation of this step, even if the New Session flag is set to Yes. If no session exists with the given mapping identifier, the system creates a new session only if the New Session flag is set to Yes. Otherwise, the system returns null.

Use the Get Contact Info step to associate a unique session for each call.

The system automatically deletes a newly created session if the session becomes idle for 30 minutes (or for whatever value has been defined for a session timeout on the System Parameters page of the Cisco Unified CCX Administration web interface.)”

Based on the information above. This explains why the issue is not consistent.

One global session is created for a given mapping identifier. The Get Session step returns the same session for that identifier for each invocation of this step, even if the New Session flag is set to Yes”

So this happens intermittently because the get session information is marking as null. 

"

But using the "Get Contact Info" step no works too, or we cant find the correct development steps to do this...

Any correct working solution to pass variables between scripts using the UCCX CallBack feature? We need take the Original CallerID from Script1 and use it in the Script2 to show the Original CallerID to the Agent and pass it to the external CRM.

thanks.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: