Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX\\ Caller falls into black hole after receptionist transfer

fredmart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

A new Customer of mine is having an issue and i'm having a hard time finding the issue to replicate it.

What happpend :

PRI -> Gateway -> TP cucm -> Trigger UCCX, caller dial 0 -> goes to reception -> reception forward calls to another trigger to get back in another script in a Queue.

It works 99% of the time but once every two weeks or so. Someone does this, and then call back 20 minutes laters saying that they were not hearing anything and got tired and hanged up.

I tried so far :

Validating the script : OK

Reactive debug of both script : Ok but one time, I had an exception while doing it. the error message was blank and could not see the exeption. That might be why.

Question : Is it possible to see witch exeption the script got in the logs somewhere ?

Is there a way to trap the digit that the receptionist dialed when forwarding the call

Any other tips to troubleshoot this ?

Many Thanks

7 Replies 7

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I am wondering if thats the IVR or CTI ports getting maxed out. Can you try the creating a new set of dedicated CTI ports for the second app/script with a totally different MRG/MRGL settings.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

I am not sure if that failure condition would be treated as a CTI failure or a busy. You could configure a destination for those two conditions to go to a Unity call handler or something like that. A message that says 'queue full' or something like that would be better than the call being dropped IMHO.

Thanks for your replys

Unufortunately, this is not the issue as my PSTN link is 23 channels and my CCX have 50 CTI ports.

When the issues happend, the call is able to come in so I know I have enough CTI port.

I'm wondering how can I track a call for the moment it touch the cucm the first time to the last transfer in UCCX.

Thanks

You need to get the Call Manager logs using RTMT when you have a failed transfer to see what happened. You might also need the MIVR logs from CCX.

I will look into them the next time it happen

What can we see in the MIVR ? Can we see the digit the user pressed in the menu ?

Thanks

@fredmart wrote:

What can we see in the MIVR ? Can we see the digit the user pressed in the menu ?

I think you should be able to see that if the trace level is set high enough. If you change the trace settings, record what they were so you can get them back to default.

aiviswan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Call flow:
PRI -> Gateway -> TP cucm -> Trigger (Trigger 1) UCCX, caller dial 0 -> goes to reception -> reception forward calls to another trigger (Trigger 2)

Queries:
- Is the blank call occurring when the call reaches the first Trigger (Trigger 1)? Or the Trigger after reception transfer (Trigger 2)?
- Is the reception manually transferring calls to (Trigger 2) ? If yes, please confirm whether they are performing a consult transfer or a blind transfer to the next trigger?

You can easily track the call flow on UCCX by enabling basic debugs from the Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability page:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/210888-Tech-Note-on-UCCX-Tracing-Levels.html#anc2

Refer to the section titled:

Inbound voice calls

Regards,
Aishwarya V.

***Please rate if you found this helpful, and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: