Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - caller ID and position in the queue for calls waiting in the queue

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're running UCCX v11. We would like to see a caller ID for people waiting in the queue and their position in the queue in Finesse.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you looking for like a wallboard type display, showing callers in queue, like this?

If so, that's not possible without custom app dev work.  You're better off buying someone else's application, or hiring an app dev person to write that for you.  Unless you're good with code, then head over to the developer.cisco.com site and see what's possible with UCCX APIs (CTI most likely).

CSQ Priority Position in Queue Called Number Calling Number Wait Time
SupportCSQ 1 1 7000 2000 00:02:10
SupportCSQ 1 2 7000 2002 00:01:45
SupportCSQ 1 3 7000 2004 00:00:34

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get Call Contact Info and Get Reporting Statistics are the two steps that you will need to capture the Calling Number and Position in Queue respectively. Post this, follow below document in order to show these up on Finesse Desktop:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12425561/configuration-call-peripheral-variables-and-expanded-call-context-ecc-finesse#comment-10287026

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your answer. I'm not a voice engineer so can you please elaborate a bit more?

I'm not asking about step-by-step guide but I'd like to know what needs to be done to enable this for Finesse.

Thanks

Deepak, I have the same functionality requirement  and after a few searches, and I found your post. You are recomending to us the Get Call Contact Info and Get Reporting Statistics steps to gather the info and use the port on the link below to be able to push it to Finesse using ECC. The issue that I'm having is that on that ECC example you can only add two fields, a name and a variable. I need to show more like a table with multiple rows, and each row will have columns with different values on them. Is there any way to present this to finesse on a table format? Thanks!

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you looking for like a wallboard type display, showing callers in queue, like this?

If so, that's not possible without custom app dev work.  You're better off buying someone else's application, or hiring an app dev person to write that for you.  Unless you're good with code, then head over to the developer.cisco.com site and see what's possible with UCCX APIs (CTI most likely).

CSQ Priority Position in Queue Called Number Calling Number Wait Time
SupportCSQ 1 1 7000 2000 00:02:10
SupportCSQ 1 2 7000 2002 00:01:45
SupportCSQ 1 3 7000 2004 00:00:34

Yes, this is exactly what we're looking for. Thank you for your advice.

In retrospect, I wonder why this functionality is not there already.  It seems like such a basic view into the call center.  Cisco, get on that.

I completely agree. We recently upgraded our servers to v11 and I must say I'm disappointment with Finesse as I was expecting bit more. I saw few other call center solutions in action and they offered more.

Anything in particular stand out in your mind?

We're bringing pretty much this exact functionality to ContactView (www.contactview.com) :)

How about drag and drop PIQ changes?  Huh?  Yeah?  No?  Ok, fine....

Anthony, you mean like this? Script on the left is the queueing script, script on the right demonstrates the position change from 2 to 1.

Thanks for the feature idea, this will surely make it into ContactView!

So, are you dequeuing the caller in PIQ 1, then immediately requeuing them?  Or did you figure out a method of violating FIFO while maintaining the queue integrity?

I wouldn't say 'violating', more like, gentle massaging..

No dequeue step or anything, that wouldn't really work. My method simply says you're now in position in queue.

Still need to work out how queuing to agents works and can then apply it there. Looks like cherry picking is coming to ContactView :D

All I have to say is wow!  I would suggest packaging that up as a stand alone feature, but I understand the sales side by keeping it bundled and exclusive to Contact View too.  So, awesome job!