cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Can I do a Call Consult Transfer to multiple mobile destinations?

Hi all,

in a uccx i need to do a "Call Consult Transfer" to a multiple mobile phone destination until the first pick up.

Is it possible with ccx editor or i need to create a line group on the fly trough axl  on CUCM (i hope that this is possible but i'm not sure at the moment)?

Destination numbers are dynamically taken from external db.

Thank in advance,

Pier Paolo

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No in that case cell phones are called one by one until someone actually answers.
I need more cell phones ringing in the same time until the first one answer.
A possible solution I'm thinking on is create Remote Destination Profile on the fly via axl with it's own DN, create Remote Destination for each mobile phone number (with Unified Mobility feature) associated to that RDP, return that DN to ccx script who call that.
Another script will destroy RDP RD and DN at the end of the call.
My only doubt is that reading here :
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/axl/#!axl-developer-guide/axl-compliance
"AXL is a provisioning and configuration API, not a real-time API. Beware that an attempt to make too many AXL requests in quick succession could be throttled. "

what do you think about this solution?
Is not simple but is the only workaround i'm thinking on .

So, you could just use a broadcast Line Group in the solution I posted from the link I provided you, right? That would ring them at the same time.

I think trying to spin up and down configuration for single use like this is a bad idea. I can't imagine why you need such a dynamic configuration in the first place.

Hi Anthony and thanks again for your answer.

The need of my customer is this:

They have tons of mobile phone number that people leave on its site after registration with availability to be called who could be changed in any moment (saved on external db).

I need to call group of them (group creation is based on parameters present on that db), call all together  until the first one one answer (and press a DTMF digit to accept the call).

Mobile phones  number (or at least their availability) are not known before.

Thinking on it in this weekend I thought about create a jabber for each users with forward all to mobile phone number on its line (when the user register itself on site) and then use Finesse API to Login and change Agent state (it's  a customer with tons on end user/jabber licenses) when they set their availability .

I'm a beginner so probably I said lots of stupid things.

Any suggestion would be really appreciated

Pier Paolo

I think that you will really struggle to get this working - I have not seen anyone triggering AXL queries from CCX (not saying it could not be done and it would be cool).

One option could be to use a service that provides virtual numbers that can be managed via an API - maybe Twilio. Your callers could call this service and direct a virtual number to their cellphone number.

CUCM could have a static broadcast hunt group with remote destinations using the virtual numbers. The virtual number service would then redirect these to the user cellphones transparently.

Not sure how practical and cost effective this would be - just thinking out loud.

@James Hawkins wrote:

I think that you will really struggle to get this working - I have not seen anyone triggering AXL queries from CCX (not saying it could not be done and it would be cool).

Hi James,

i did it and it's working quite well, I'm testing it at the moment but not in production.

My customer uses ad DB (Mysql) with is not supported from CCX.

So i did a Python/Flask server who get parameter form ccx editor trough a REST Call ,

get numbers from Mysql db , create RDP with its own line , add RD on that with association, return via JSON Document

line  number to CCX who do a Call Consult Transfer

it takes about two second to accomplish that.

Good enough for the moment.

What about the moment it goes in production?

I'm praying for that moment......

That sounds like a lot of work has gone into it! - I am trying to learn Python at the moment so it is interesting to hear what you are doing with it and UCCX.

You might be interested in the product at the link below:

https://github.com/unifiedfx/awesome-automationfx 

It is a product that puts a REST front end on CUCM AXL. I am not sure what the status of the product is as it is not mentioned on the company's main web site but it seems interesting.

Thank you for your the suggestion.

I found this link very useful (if you want to use Python):

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/axl-python-zeep-samples

I think what he's saying is that he built a light weight web server on python/flask, and is using UCCX's ability to send HTTP requests to other servers. I.e., He created a man-in-the-middle server to sit between UCCX and AXL. So, there is zero UCCX + Python at play here.

...I think...

At least, that's what I understood him as to be saying.

Effectively, he made his own automationfx like you suggested, to front end the AXL with REST.

Yes exactly you explained better than me.
I did it not only to play with AXL but also to interact with a MySQL db.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: