Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Can we change UCCX System default promplts

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if there is a way to change the Default system prompts for UCCX.

Currently we have 16 ports and if all of them are busy we get :

"I am sorry we are currently experiencing system problems and we are unable to process your call, please try again later"

I was wondering if there is a way to change that default message to play something else.

Thank you 

Sharri

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since current versions of CCX are Linux appliances you are not able to change any of the system prompts.

Thank you Deepak and Chris,

So the above method mentioned by Deepak would not work if they have 8.X or above, even if we enable  "User Prompts override System Prompts" parameter. so I can simply tell them this is not possible ...right ?

Sharri

It looks like that you did not read/understand my comments properly. The method that I outlined above is for the UCCX versions 8.x and above only.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I will check the method of changing prompt in my setup as im facing similar problem.

Also can you let me know is there any command  or report wherein I Can instantly find the number of concurrent calls or IVR port been used.

Is this message " "I am sorry we are currently experiencing system problems and we are unable to process your call, please try again later"" played only in the case when ports are full or there can be any other case as well.

Regards,

Geeta

Unfortunately there is nothing that can show you the usage of ports in Real Time. You can run License Utilization Hourly Report from CUIC but that will show the usage of ports in the past time and not in real. You can however run Aborted Rejected Call Detail report and that should show the reason for calls getting aborted/rejected.

"I am sorry we are currently experiencing system problems and we are unable to process your call, please try again later""

The above message can be played due to several reasons, the most appropriate thing to do will be to check MIVR logs and then confirm.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Many thanks!! I will replicate the scenario and will check both report and will give a try on MiVR logs tomorrow. 

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note it it still possible to change the default system prompts in the later versions of UCCX as well, though it is a bit tricky but definitely possible. Below is how you do that:

Navigate to UCCX Appadmin page --> System --> System Parameters and then enable the "User Prompts override System Prompts" parameter. (Make sure to do this on both servers if its an HA cluster).

Navigate to Applications --> Prompt Management --> select the language folder (EN_US for example) and upload the file with the name system_problem.wav in your own recorded voice

**(Please ensure to maintain case sensitivity)**

Similarly, lets say you want to replace Are you There prompt which again is a system prompt and gets played when no input is detected in the Menu step then you can do like below:

Navigate to Applications --> Prompt Management --> select the language folder (EN_US for example) and create the following two folders under that language folder:

a) SNU
b) UserDialog

**(Please ensure to maintain case sensitivity)**

Upload the wav file to both these folders with the name 'still_there.wav'

So basically, the idea is to provide the exact path as it exists in the database and the naming convention should match.

You can refer to below post from Jonathan that contains the folders as they exist within the DB that will help you to know more about the path location and the name:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/53326/contact-center-express-system-prompt-repository-details

Being said all this, you can also simply change the Default Script from System Default to your own Custom Script on the required application that can play the prompts or take the required actions as per your requirements whenever the CTI ports get exhausted and there is a waiting call.

Regards

Deepak