Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Capacity Planning

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello everyone,

I am doing a capacity Planning for a call center. ICould you please have a look and let me know if it make sens?

We have a total of 72 CSQ in our call center. I ran a CUIC  repport  using CSQ_ALL_Filed_Repport (UCCX version 10.6) for the last week. I took the call offered for each CSQ and add them together. The total number of calls for all 72 CSQ is 4594 calls.

From the very same repport, I took the AHT for each CSQ and add them together. The sum of AHT is  88.15 minutes which  is 5289 seconds. Finaly,  I used the following formula to calculate the number of agants required:

Call Load = Call Offered * AHT / Occupany / 3 thousant 6 hundred seconds (3600s)

Could you please see if my calculation make sens?

5 days working

Call Offered

Total number of calls

AHT

In Sec

Workload

In Sec

Shift Length

In Hour

Lunch break

In Hous

Tea break

In Hour

Coaching

In Hour

Occupancy

70%

In Percentage

On Phone (hours)

29.5 * 70% = 20.65

In Hour

Call Per Agent (CPA)

20.65 * 3600 / 5289 =  14

Calls

Agent Required

4594 / 14 =  328

Agent count

Shrinking

25%

Percentage

Agent * Shrinking

328 * 25% =  410

Final Agent Count

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The average of the averages would be more correct. Also the formula you're using is very simplified. There are a few online calculators that should give you better numbers like this one https://planetcalc.com/3151/.

david

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Anybody can help?

A few things. First, are you talking about agent capacity? If so, I would use something like an erlang formula to get that information. Your agents required are rarely so straight forward as you can account for some normal waiting. Said differently 328 agents for 4600 calls is too many agents. Give or take for that many calls you really only need 100 agents tops.

david

Thanks David for taking the time and replaying.

I am using the following formula to calculate agent capacity:

Call Load = Call Offered * AHT / Occupany / (3600s)

I believe it's Erlang C formula

The only part that is not clear for me the following:

The report gives me the AHT for each CSQ. As mentioned, we have 72 CSQ. Do I have to take the sum of the 72 AHT

or I need to take an avarage of the 72 AHT?

Let say the AHT for each CSQ is 4 minutes. With having 72 CSQ, the tota AHT would bel 72 * 4 =  288 minutes or 

72 (CSQ) * 4 (miutes AHT) / 72 (avrage of AHT)  = 4

That's the only part I am having trouble to understand.

Thanks,

MK

The average of the averages would be more correct. Also the formula you're using is very simplified. There are a few online calculators that should give you better numbers like this one https://planetcalc.com/3151/.

david

Thank you David,