Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Case-sensitive

Murali Dharan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Recently CUCM(Version 10.6) is integrated with LDAP. UCCX(Version 10.6 ) agent user Id are created in both upper case and lower case in Active directory, agents have to type the exact user ID as in AD to login to CAD.  Agents getting frustrated because of this. Let me know is there is any way to remove case sensitive option in UCCX.

Thanks

Murali

7 Replies 7

FYI - Here is an 'enhancement' for this in CAD:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug51416

I would raise a support case for this referencing that enhancement to raise the priority of it...

In the meantime... some potential workarounds.

- Ensure consistent case in AD; this could easily be checked/fixed via scripting if nothing else depends on the case differences being present.

- Put in a middleware directory (ADAM or otherwise) and sync CCM to that rather than AD directly, ensuring that as part of the sync process lowercase is enforced on the username field. Ensure users always use lowercase.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Ian Brennan
Level 1
Level 1

I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet, it wasn't always case sensitive and the last few versions are... makes no sense. 

Hi Ian

Does it affect Finesse I wonder? If not, that would be why.. CAD is being killed off, I guess Cisco aren't putting any resource into developing/implementing these 'enhancements'...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

For sure, in fact I'm really only talking about finesse.  I never tried it on CAD.

I can confirm this is still the case in Finesse, very frustrating :-(  I am doing implementation for customer where their AD accounts start and end with upper case letter causing all kinds of confusion and frustration, i.e. "my AD account does not have upper case letters, I login to my computer with all lower case" :-)

If you do decide to change the case in AD so it's consistent please bear in mind that this will remove the current configuration for those agents in UCCX, like team belongings and skills. :-/ Not that hard to add back, but sort of a pita if you're not aware of it beforehand.

Response Signature