Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Control call legs

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We have a UCCX 8.5 cluster and we want to set up a feature like IVR Rebound: caller talks to agent, and then agent can conference the caller to another IVR (internal or external IVR) for the caller to process the authorization, during the authorization process, agent must be on hold (cannot hear/interupt the authorization process), after the authorization is done (either successful or not), agent is connected to caller again.

Understand that it is not something nature to UCCX, I'm thinking of setting up system like this:

1. Caller calls to CallCenter and connect to agent.

2. Agent transfers (transfer, not conference) the call to an IVR script.

3. IVR accepts the call and put the call on hold. Now the caller is connected to IVR, agent is free.

4. IVR calls back to agent (as the agent will need to do something with the 2nd IVR) --> we have 3 party conference: IVR, agent, caller.

5. IVR makes another call to the 2nd IVR (can be external IVR, which is used for authorization) --> we have 4 party conference: IVR, agent, caller, IVR#2.

6. Agent key in some information needed by IVR#2.

7. IVR puts agent on hold and unhold the caller so the caller can proceed the authorization himself.

8. Authorization is done, IVR#2 disconnects, IVR needs to unhold agent so the agent and caller can talk to each other again.

My questions are:

Q1) In step 6 & 7: can IVR script detects a key sequence to determine when to start putting agent on hold. I'm thinking of Menu Grammar step but not sure if it is OK.

Q2) In step 8: can we catch the disconnection event (when IVR#2 disconnects) by using exception Channel Inactive Exception? I tried but when the IVR2 disconnects, the caller and agent cannot connect to each other but can only hear ringback tone/busy tone.

Thanks,

hoanghiep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCX has no ability to conference separate contacts together so this approach will not work. I can think of two options:

1. The agent transfers the caller to the authorization IVR at the conclusion of the call and checks for an approval status before processing the order. This is the cleanest approach from a CCX reporting perspective.
  2. The agent transfers the caller to the external IVR which accepts an agent-specific identifier and transfers the caller back to the agent after authorization. You can use CCX or an external platform for this; the experience is essentially the same.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCX has no ability to conference separate contacts together so this approach will not work. I can think of two options:

1. The agent transfers the caller to the authorization IVR at the conclusion of the call and checks for an approval status before processing the order. This is the cleanest approach from a CCX reporting perspective.
  2. The agent transfers the caller to the external IVR which accepts an agent-specific identifier and transfers the caller back to the agent after authorization. You can use CCX or an external platform for this; the experience is essentially the same.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the answers. I have always thought that UCCX could conference the contacts together to make 1 call

Unfortunately, neither of your suggestions is suitable to us.

(1) - this option is easy to us, but that will be not accepted by the business guys (who pay for the contact center operation )

(2) - the IVR is a real "external" one, it belongs to a payment union and it is out of our control.

Regards,

hoanghiep.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: