Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Create eMail Step - Content of Body

Maic Naatz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

i would like to insert multiple lines into the body of the email. I am searching for a description or documentation. But i cannot find something.

Please answer with an example. Maybe its possible to insert a document? A little example would be nice.

UCCX: 8.5.1 (SU4)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what do you mean by multiple lines? Like a large text? And you want to separate paragraphs?

Well, on one hand, it's easy. I never tried this on UCCX Standard or Enhanced, only on Premium, but basically, this is how it works: create a new String variable, name it newLine or something similar. Its value would be System.getProperty("line.separator"). Now, provided you have your "paragraphs" in String variables, you can do this: Set bodyString = paragraphString1 + newLine + paragraphString2.

Or, if you want to do this the proper way, use StringBuffers instead of just concatenating Strings. Like this:

Set bodyString = {StringBuffer buffer = new StringBuffer(100); buffer.append(paragraphString1); buffer.append(newLine); buffer.append(paragraphString2); return buffer.toString();}

Here's a screenshot:

G.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what do you mean by multiple lines? Like a large text? And you want to separate paragraphs?

Well, on one hand, it's easy. I never tried this on UCCX Standard or Enhanced, only on Premium, but basically, this is how it works: create a new String variable, name it newLine or something similar. Its value would be System.getProperty("line.separator"). Now, provided you have your "paragraphs" in String variables, you can do this: Set bodyString = paragraphString1 + newLine + paragraphString2.

Or, if you want to do this the proper way, use StringBuffers instead of just concatenating Strings. Like this:

Set bodyString = {StringBuffer buffer = new StringBuffer(100); buffer.append(paragraphString1); buffer.append(newLine); buffer.append(paragraphString2); return buffer.toString();}

Here's a screenshot:

G.

Hi Gergely,

this is absolutly where i am searching for. Many thanks for your explanation, this was very helpful for me.

I simplified the construction of the variable "emailbody" like the following pic.

The important thing is the function "System.getProperty("line.separator")" to insert a Carriage Return.

Hi,

glad it worked out.

If you want even more granular control, like HTML email, check recipe 3 here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: